Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The First Founding Project

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 19, 2021, 10:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

for those not in the know (or those who've forgotten - it's been a while!) i wrote an article for Dark Magenta with some thoughts on Space Marines in Inquisitor
i touched upon the fact i'm not a fan of a Space Marine "being on a quest" used as background as to why the Marine is in Inquisitor

I followed up with taking an Ultramarine Herald (think a diplomat) to a Conclave and careful playing meant he didn't break the games too much!

I then (as inquisitor still had releases) started collating Space Marines - the plan to put all 18 First Founding chapters into Inquisitor, with appropriate background and model
I also originally made a custom helmet and shoulder pad for each chapter but with Artemis going OOP i've stopped these - still got a bag of the chapter specific sets that are now useless :)

We had some breakages when a shelving unit collapsed and rebasing once the larger bases became more common place but individual Marines can be found on the main gallery

First Founding

I think the order of creation was
World Eater
Ultramarine
Salamander
Night Lord
Iron Warrior
Dark Angel
Imperial Fist
Word Bearer
Emperor's Children
Blood Angel

I'm currently working on a White Scar so hopefully will get a post up as soon as i've got something to photo!

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

maglash1017

Very cool to see you return to this project!

seaglen

Agreed,
That's a lot of grams-worth of power armoured miniatures right there, and glad to see it getting progress!