Author Topic: Another Terrain project..  (Read 7895 times)

Offline renegade thor

• Initiate
  • deep in thought
Re: Another Terrain project..
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »
All looks really good , what kits are the cast pieces from?
question the heretic, beat the heretic, burn the heretic , kill the heretic ,dispose of the heretic and have a coffee to relax

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »
Massive update time on my terrain!

here's a few pics of the inside/outside of the chapel details:

I've recently been working on more terrain to get my table up to date, and found this great site - Wargames Models Mods - that do some brill pieces of laser cut wood terrain. Just add Pringles!

these are pretty cheap and easy to get looking ok once you add a lick of paint:

and some storage silos underway:
(I printed out some stencil letters and numbers for the side)

And with the railings in place:

The great thing about these, is that they double up as dice storage - each is labelled correctly too!

more to come....

Offline Lord Borak

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »
Great stuff mate. Funny, I had exactly the same idea with the silos but actually labelling them up is definitely an idea I'm going to steal!

Offline Alyster Wick

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Talk is cheap, let's scan.
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 04:53:16 AM »
Ahhhh, that's all awesome. Great idea with the (dice) containers! I should definitely steal that. Also, the ladders and railings look like their pre-cut (I'm blanking on the term, and I know it isn't PDF). In any event, they look great, where did you get them? I have very similar supplies sitting around (pringles cans, etc) that could really be brought to life with a few extra bits like those.

Also, the etched brass is stellar. Is that all off of Forgeworld? You have a fantastic eye for assembling random bits into awesome stuff, now hurry up and paint!

Offline Van Helser

• Warmaster 2011
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
    • My Models
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 09:07:54 AM »
Alyster, I believ seaglen said he got the railings from http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/ further up the page. They do add a fantastic level of bonus detail to really bring the recognisable shape of a Pringles can up to scratch.

Brilliant idea with the dice repositories!

Ruaridh

Offline Inquisitor Vale

• Initiate
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:36 AM »
The chapel looks very promising -- especially like the scourge on the wall.... for the devotion of a single priest or for visiting penitents?

Dice storage inspired.
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

Offline RobSkib

• Illuminatus 2009
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
    • Dreadquill Publishing
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
Speaking as someone who has thrown out clothes to make room for more terrain, I've always got a soft spot for well-made scenery. These bits are excellent, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of that chapel.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2016, 04:10:55 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback! - ill try to make some more progress on the chapel this weekend. I may change the layout of the roof, and take away the second floor. This will make it look more like a small single person shrine/chapel (ill give it a nice Gothic roof, and small balcony however)...

Alyster, I believ seaglen said he got the railings from http://www.wargame-model-mods.co.uk/ further up the page.
  -  yep thats the one - they do some great plasma generator peices Im thinking about getting, and wiring up to light up as well...

Offline realitybytes16

• Inquisitor
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 12:52:50 AM »
Any progress on these? It'd be interesting to see the finished pieces since they're already so impressive even as WIPs :).