Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ordo Obsoletus Warband

Started by Van Helser, September 04, 2014, 01:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

agreed on the eye slits being too high if indeed that is what they are, love the pose on him though, any plans to remove eisenhorns leg braces?

Van Helser

Good call on the eye slit guys. Can't believe I hadn't noticed that! Eisenhorn's leg braces will probably stay - I like the questions they raise. I'm really happy with his pose, probably most of all out of the group. He looks suitably imposing, which is perfect for his role as the muscle.

The secondary bionic arms will show a lot better once there's some paint on there. At the moment everything is a shade of grey and hard to differentiate.

Ruaridh

Quickdraw McGraw

Looking good Ruaridh! Excellent work on that gif. Dave!
Every time I see a math word problem in the warp it looks like this: 

If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 apples. How many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer:  Purple because Tyranids don't wear hats.   :P

Van Helser

Thanks Josh - sorry to hear you can't make the DH sessions any longer.

The psyker has had his paint work completed:

I went for a green coat as a nod to the official colour for the robes of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica. Decided on a spooky pink glow for the eyes of the skull as a contrast to all that green. Shame though that with it being forward facing, there isn't much room for OSL like the Inquisitor's lantern. Even wonder if I've gone a bit too far on reflection now that I'm looking at the photos.

What do we think of him?

Ruaridh

seaglen

I really like the green, it also ties him in nicely with the green lantern (object held by inquisitor, not superhero).

So the green is the official colour for the Astra Telepathica? - is that the same as Navigators?
Are there specific colours for each robe within the Imperium's society? - I recall blue/grey for Adeptus Administratum?

As for the eye glow, I would take it off of the fingers on the hand, as it looks a little too saturated with pink light for an outwards beam emminating from the eyes.
Other than that, looking really excellent!

Van Helser

Well, after 2 months wait since the last update I'm glad to say the warband is finished! EpiComp kind of took over my life, but after getting some tiny Orks painted I got back to the Inquisitor stuff.

The Techpriest was the bane of my existence for the vast majority of the last few weeks, but after getting some paint on him I am now content with him. There were a few aborted attempts, and much redoing of some areas, but at last he is done.

Could've gone for red robes, but decided to make more subtle allusions to the Cult of Mars with his tabard. One surprising high point with this model was the hourglass on his belt. No gloss varnish there, but it has come up looking shiny, which is great.

In contrast to the Techpriest, I have been quite happy with the Arbitrator since his inception. The model had a great dynamism and looked quite solid, which are both aspects of the character I wanted to show off. I went for some old school Arbitrator colours, red and gold over black, and snuck some Necromunda-esque hazard stripes in there:

I think this is my favourite model of the four to be honest. Aside from the look of the figure, I'm really happy that I finally managed to put the torso from the Thorian Inquisitor to good use. That had been in my bits box for years looking for a home.

Finally, here's a group shot of the four:

Now, who wants a game?

Ruaridh

Macabre

Let me get my last warband finished and sure; it's been too long! ;D
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

seaglen

Wonderful warband!!!

just let me get mine together and Ill try to give them a run for their money...

Alyster Wick

Really great, bold colors. It's amazing how the strong red throughout really helps to pull the warband together.

I heartily approve of the techpriest (your paint job does do a lot to make the vestigial cyborg arms pop) and the arbites looks fantastic all painted up. He's really a great parts combo.