Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Introducing The Carthaxian Inquisitor Blog

Started by Van Helser, July 31, 2014, 12:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Hello all,

I've started a blog to promote Inquisitor to the world - you'll find it over at http://thecarthaxianinq.blogspot.co.uk/

I've done this for a few reasons: to increase the presence Inquisitor has on the net, to see if I can rekindle interest in the game and as somewhere for me to put my ideas down. 

I'm going to be linking to The Conclave, and will be actively trying to get more participation in discussions here, hopefully from new members.

To accompany the blog, there is a Facebook page, twitter account and a so far empty empty YouTube channel.

Will this get our flagging game going yet?  I don't know, but I'm at least going to have some fun talking about my favourite game.

If anyone has any suggestions, criticisms, gripes or ideas then I am all ears.

Ruaridh

DapperAnarchist

Yup, you've got some more likes and follows here. Given the number of people here who seem to play at their own houses, in their own time, perhaps a series of "Dispatches", with even just very short battle reports, described perhaps in-character? I'm thinking of the sort of thing that kept the US-based historical wargames world going in the 1970s (I've been reading the rather excellent "Playing At The World" by Jon Peterson, a history of wargames and role-playing games, though sadly rather American-centric. No mention of Livingston or Jackson so far...)
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

greenstuff_gav

i started writin' some questions but am slightly not-sober enough to be completely coherent i'm afriad!
what plans do we have for the blog? with a slump in our usually hardcore guys this could be a shot-in-the-arm! good job :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

I think a weekly/fortnightly "Discoveries" post would be a good idea. It allows for regular postings without having to be a big article or feature. I suppose it'd be a little similar to BoLSs' "Out of the Box" weekly news roundup for non-GW/PP wargames.
Rather than being a strict "news" item though it could feature both new and older things you've stumbled across/rediscovered. It could feature one each of: a cool conversion; an interesting model for potential Inquisitor use; a scenery item/seller; blog/website/modelling/painting log; and anything else noteworthy but not significant enough for it's own post.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

I am aiming to put out a post once a week for the first two months at least. I have the next two worked out already. Talking up the Carthax wiki and releasing a small sourcebook will be next.

There will be brief updates if and when I come across something noteworthy, threads here included. I am completely open to submissions and pointers from others. If you find something cool, or create something like a battle report then get in contact on facebook or send a tweet.

Ruaridh

DapperAnarchist

If you want my Sourcebook, go for it! And I'll let you know how any future work goes - I've got some notes for a 'Nihilist' sourcebook.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Van Helser

Once your book is done, I will gladly include it on the blog. Let me know when it's done.

Ruaridh

Van Helser

Amazingly, a week has passed, and the 2nd blog entry is out. http://thecarthaxianinq.blogspot.co.uk/

This week focussing on the need for players and GMs to inspire each other to create worlds and characters.  A big shout out to http://carthax.wikispaces.com/ and the role I think it can play in keeping Inquisitor gaming alive.

Ruaridh

Van Helser

If you haven't seen it yet, the fourth entry in the blog is up. Taking a look at modelling for Inquisitor today.  Thanks to Kaled and Brother_Brimstone for permission to use pictures of their models.

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

Dapper Anarchist and I have an article we've been working on regarding "occupations" in the 41st century. It's taken in the neighborhood of 5 years to put together but there are at least two fully painted models to go with it and just needs a once over (okay, maybe a twice over) before it's ready for formatting. Seems like a good fit for the blog, I'll let you know if we get something together.

Van Helser

Please do, I'll happily link to any fan-created content. Also, if you're short on figures, let me know and I may be able to put something together.

Ruaridh

P.S. linked to your terrain thread through the Facebook page and Twitter.

Van Helser

After a month of inaction thanks to a new job, the blog has been updated!

My latest post talks about the use of Space Marines in Inquisitor. Always a contentious archetype, I am aiming to show that they can have a place on the table. Plus there are pictures of some excellent conversions (thanks Gav!).

Humanity's Finest

Ruaridh