Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Events in 2015 - Latest: IGT 2015 reports

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 17, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

i hope you can come but congrats on the sprogling! :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Cortez

Hey Kaled.

I was planning on going in my car this time, instead of by train, so if you want a lift one is available.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on March 15, 2015, 06:42:32 PMUpgrading myself from a 'maybe' to a 'yes, barring cataclysmic life events'.
Excellent! And so my master plan comes together.

QuoteTime to book myself another pre-dawn train and find a caffeine delivery system I can attach directly to the main line.
For some reason, the interwebs aren't yet letting me book Advance tickets. I'm hoping that's just because the timetables for my local line aren't available past the 16th May yet and I'll be able to book closer to the time...

... but worst case scenario, a non-London routes return is only about £8 more than the pre-booked London routes for me. (Although it's also less practical, as the changeovers on those routes vary between worryingly short and tediously long).

Quote from: Kaled on March 16, 2015, 06:12:01 PMI'll continue to keep an eye on this thread and will let you know if I can make it - it would be good to see you all and catch up.
Indeed it would! I hope you can make it.

And, as Gav has already said, congratulations on your new miniature person.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: Cortez on March 16, 2015, 09:28:04 PM
Hey Kaled.

I was planning on going in my car this time, instead of by train, so if you want a lift one is available.
That might work - I have to say that I wasn't looking forward to the prospect of the long drive there and back while sleep deprived. Can I let you know closer to the time?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

Congratulations on the wee one Dave. Hope things work out so you can make it along too.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

With tomorrow being two months to the event, I bring you the official event pack:

IGT 2015 event pack V1.0.1

I'm getting a little radical (Recongregationism, I think), so there's a few changes from previous events. Major differences from last year's pack are highlighted in red in the pack, but I will summarise them here:

- A three round format. This may mean a couple of GMing byes, but it gives longer timeslots, no-one will have to GM twice, and those who do get a bye do get to just play for the entire day!

- No entry fee. This will mean fewer prizes, but there's no 54mm range any more, so it's hard to guarantee everyone would actually want vouchers.

- There is no limit on how many characters you can bring. The IGT is not a linked narrative event, so players should be free to switch between characters or even warbands if they feel it will make for a better game.
GMs are expected to use their discretion regarding how many characters can be used (remembering, of course, that not everyone will necessarily bring even three) - for example, four characters may actually be advisable in two player games, given the longer timeslots.

- By extension, as the characters you bring are now not restricted, the P&M round will now be just any one Inquisitor model*.
INQ28 models are entirely permissible, but I will however disqualify anything I don't think is actually an Inquisitor model. You can re-enter models you've used before, but bear in mind 1) people may not be as impressed the second time and 2) it's a casual event, so if you're trying to exploit the system, you're missing the point.

- Not bringing a tape measure is now an executable offence.

~~~~~

It is a bit experimental and I'm not necessarily expecting all the changes to make it to the next IGT, but the IGT's old formalities were tied a certain amount into a monetary prize pool we now don't have.
Having spoken with several people, most of them seem to be in favour of a looser format.

I do promise that if it doesn't work, we won't repeat any mistakes in 2016!

* Yes, this does mean there's a finite chance I may enter a Titan in the modelling competition.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Right, I've finally got to booking train tickets.

For the record, I'll be on the 0729 - 0918 and 2005 - 2159 services between St Pancras and Nottingham, so if anyone wishes to meet up on the train, that's where I'll be.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

ol' hypo'o'clock, no joke!

just refresh my memory; is it unlikely or definately no more'n 3 players per table (GMs discretion of between 1 / 4 characters per player)?
also, holey dooley, 3 words in that sentence i had to look up with the likxdexia!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

As at all previous IGTs, GMs will have two or three players (plus himself, of course) around the table and I will never assign five participants to the same table.

It is ultimately at the GM's discretion how many characters a player may use (particularly as there is no guarantee how many characters a participant will bring), but I would recommend a maximum of three characters each if the game has three players, and four characters each if it has two players. Given the longer time slots, limiting it to six characters in a two player game might not fill the time very well*.

* I may well deliberately assign player numbers so that people who've brought just one or two characters do not end up meeting each other in a two player game. It would be interfering, but as I see it, the objective of the day is enjoyable games, not pretending that random draws are fair if some poor GM ends up with just three PCs in his game!

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

A reminder that after today, you have three weeks to the IGT!

Make sure that any necessary train tickets are booked, work shifts are negotiated, any possible tag-along players are properly poked and any models and scenarios are being worked on.

(And if you also happen to be the event organiser, go and make sure the Inquisition quiz has actually been written...)

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Two weeks tomorrow!

Please bear in mind that on the day, the north end of Lenton Lane will be restricted, with the bridge over the canal closed to traffic:

It also seems that WHW and Bugmans may be closing doors earlier than our previous visits (although Battle Brothers is on, so they may be on a different schedule yet again), but if it is a problem, those of us not immediately running away after the event have a choice of other pubs in the area.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Tickets!
A return of my not-Liwet and co.
I'll get painting.
Tomorrow.

As with last time (two years ago?), apologies well ahead of time - I'll be a zombie from the start of the day, and I doubt it'll be better by the time I'm back on the train. Thank you for your patience.
I'll try and prep a little better though. Learn the rules, bring my own damn dice, that sort of thing.
Finish the warband.
Paint the NPCs.
Write the scenario.

David - I'll be on your trains. As it happens, they are pretty much the only ones I could buy at this point anyway. Are the seat reservations particularly strictly policed?
I seem to remember I pretty much passed out mid-conversation last time, somewhat impolitely, so I'll either bring more coffee or fully commit and bring a pillow this go round.

For anyone that's continuing south from Landan and fancies accompanying me on a high-speed dash through the tube system, my final leg is from Victoria at 22:37.

If I can find them, I've got a few BL novels I'm either done with or have duplicates of which I'll bring for trades or to add to the prize pool or something too.

Looking forward to seeing y'all again folks.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on May 16, 2015, 12:31:05 AMI'll be a zombie from the start of the day, and I doubt it'll be better by the time I'm back on the train.
Me, I'll just get progressively weirder as sleep deprivation sets in.

QuoteI'll try and prep a little better though. Learn the rules, bring my own damn dice, that sort of thing.
It occurs to me that I probably need a few copies of the event briefing, as people often don't bring their own... and then want to look at the scoring guidelines.

QuoteAre the seat reservations particularly strictly policed?
I've yet to be challenged about being in the wrong seat. I doubt it's worth the conductor's time, and I suspect it may be more about guaranteeing you a seat than dictating where you sit.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I've got most of the event organisation printed, in order that I don't have to have a panic over it next week. I'm not expecting all of the 16 players I've done them up for, but at worst, I'll have spares:

The Inquisition quiz is yet to come, but for obvious reasons, I won't be sharing pictures of that in advance.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Evening all,

I'm sorry to say that I won't make it to the IGT after all. As seems typical, I have no plans for for a whole bunch of weekends in a row and then two things are booked for the same day. :(

As I mentioned previously, I still have the treasure chest containing the gun and White Dwarf collection that was given out as a prize in a previous year, and I'll try to find some way to get it to someone who will be at the IGT so it can go to the new champion.

Hope you all have fun,
Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat