Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Events in 2015 - Latest: IGT 2015 reports

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 17, 2015, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Absolutely. I'm hoping to get it booked in ASAP for that exact reason.

Anyway, it's looking like the 23rd is a little ahead in the vote... and do feel free to comment on feature tables too. In the absence of any opinions to the contrary, I'll try and snag Spyral Prime (which, apart from a couple of 28mm Rhinos embedded in it to mess up the scaling a bit, is actually a very nice table).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

30th works for me, but not the 23rd (in a concert)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Duly noted.

I've also dropped discussions onto Ammobunker, Warseer and DakkaDakka. If anyone has any suggestions for other forums it's even half worth dropping in on, do chime in. I'm not necessarily expecting a huge amount to come of this, but it would be nice to be able to have 28mm players along as well and have a Grand Tournament where the "Grand" isn't just nominal.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

*Blows dust off account*

Well, count me in for either of those days! I'll try and drag along some new guys as well.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Well dang! Anyone else feel like crawling out of the woodwork?

Right, I think that brings our current lists to:

23rd:
Cortez
greenstuff_gav (preferred)
RobSkib (+ possible newbies)
Van Helser

30th:
Cortez
greenstuff_gav
Heroka Vendile
Van Helser

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Tentative yes again, to either weekend.
I can't remember anything booked, but I'm not a diary-keeper, so I may already be booked.
So, I think I said this last year too, but I'll try and make it.

Unfortunately I just had another rattle through the cupboards and not only can I STILL not find my Gruss conversion, but SWMBO's tidied away my intact models too. The search continues.

Will there be an over-arching narrative to work with?
Even a very loose one would make it easier to put warband fluff together, since I've not had one up and running since I was a regular poster a half-dozen years ago.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: TheNephew on March 07, 2015, 03:25:21 PM
Will there be an over-arching narrative to work with?
Even a very loose one would make it easier to put
a "theme" may help writing scenarios as well; i remember my usual GT games forge a narrative across the day but can't remember if there ever was plot guidelines...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

If people want to collaborate on coming up with some kind of optional theme for the IGT, then I have no issues with that, but the IGTs haven't previously been built around any specific plot and I wouldn't want to impose restrictions on what attendees can write for their scenarios.

In any case, new votes added.

23rd:
Cortez
greenstuff_gav (preferred)
Radu Lykan (possible)
TheNephew
Van Helser

30th:
Cortez
greenstuff_gav
Heroka Vendile
Radu Lykan (possible)
TheNephew
Van Helser

The 30th is currently slightly ahead in the vote (with 8 names to 7, if I count myself - EDIT: Radu not available), but I will leave the vote open until I email WHW on Monday. If I'm optimistic, I might even have enough of an argument for four tables.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Checked, I can't do the 23rd, can do the 30th.

But I'm still not absolutely certain, so don't weight your decision too much on me.

MarcoSkoll

No problem - there's a few people we might yet hear from, but it's looking like the 30th is most likely anyway, as Heroka isn't available the weekend before either.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

guess i'd better see if i can find someone better at IT* to help me with my character!

*after 8 years or so my skills are as sharp as a spoon

Build Your Imagination

Holiad

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I can make either of those dates. As for an overall theme, I'd rather leave it out since, as I said earlier, I feel the variety of different scenarios makes up for it.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

greenstuff_gav

after talking about it at my local club i may be +1 or +2 for either date! :)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Blimey.

Right, that puts things at 8 names on the list for the 30th at the moment, I'm hazarding that Myriad may join Holiad, and both Gav and Rob may be bringing along others.
If all of those showed up, we've probably filled three tables already. I'm not expecting a full show (we always get a couple of people having to drop out) but that's not too bad.

On the backs of the small numbers at things like the 2013 IGT and Ancient Rites, I was originally wondering if we'd even fill three tables, but I'd like to have a few spare spaces, so four tables is probably the smart move; As much as I'd like to have loads of spare space, we've not needed more than four tables in years, and I want our booking to seem as reasonable as possible.
(And if we do later  find ourselves overwhelmed with interest, we might be able to add an extra table later or, at a pinch, split a large feature table down the middle and put a game on each end).

So, in the absence of someone hurriedly telling me otherwise, I'll drop them an e-mail in the near future requesting three 6x4 tables and Spyral Prime for the 30th of May, I'll tell them there'll be about 12 of us and we'll probably be crashing Bugmans at about 12:30-ish.
(I'm assuming we'll probably keep the schedule of only one game before lunch, particularly if we do choose to swap to three rounds).

I'll confirm as soon as they do, so that people can book trains/planes/buses/hotels ASAP.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

while my +1/+2 are checking their shift patterns, is it feasible for players to request their GM game second / last, to help those new or who haven't GMed to play a couplea games first?
i know it isn't possible for everyone to GM the last game (or IS IT?!) but thought it may help those new to it :)

Build Your Imagination