Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Warbands - 4 new painted models

Started by Aurelius, March 11, 2015, 02:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on March 27, 2015, 12:54:37 AM
Where's the Inquisitrix's chainsword from?

Thanks  :)  chainsword I got from a convention in Australia, I suspect it is from Eureka miniatures. They are perfect Inquisitor scale.

Painting challenge is a great idea, and would perhaps help generate some new content too. No clues Gav?  ;)

Van Helser

Aurelius

Greetings,
Looks like my first post got eaten in the warp, so here it is again!
My first 54mm scale Inquisitor mini is finished. Not the best photos, but let me introduce...

Ragnar Gorbad, beastman henchman

And a few mood shots just for fun

Hope you like him!
Cheers
Aurelius

Heroka Vendile

excellent stuff, he's come out really well
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

Brilliant. The samurai mask came out really well. My particular highlight is the tattoo on his arm. A great little bit of embellishment that makes the model come alive.

Ruaridh

RobSkib

Wowee, I'm always impressed with how a good paint job pulls a seemingly random assortment of model bits together into a cohesive whole. I'm very interested to see where the rest of this warband ends up.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Aurelius

Thanks all for your kind comments  ;D
I do agree, a paintjob brings together disparate bits very well. But I think the knack is being able to spot whether things work or not without the paintjob!

I have been painting some more, but nothing too interesting to show yet. Felt the need to do some more converting (helped by a massive box arriving from Reaper), so started on this guy.

He is an ex-Elysian Drop Trooper, and now pulls security for Inquisitor Tannen. A no-nonsense military type, I wanted to keep the professional look that the Elysian's have and not go too grim-dark. Tannen himself will be a Puritan, and I imagine most of his warband will fit a similar mould.

The conversion is based on the Reaper Master Series US soldier, which despite some truly horrendous online paintjobs, is actually a really nicely sculpted model. His harness is very well detailed with lots of straps, packs, combat knives and the like.
Despite this, he needed some 40kification, so I have done some minor greenstuff work.

First photo shows visor in place before being cut back flat.

Here he is with the padded armour plates sculpted. Note I have gone with big bulky carapace shoulder plates to increase his prescence. These are just blutacked in place here so sit a little high.

And with his lasgun. It looks a bit big for him, but I will add a scope and call it a Long-Las

He will be holding it from a tactical foregrip, so I imagine he can switch between a sniper and assaulter at a moment's notice. More soon.

Cheers,
Aurelius

p.s. What's that over there? The photo is so hard to make out (WIP of another character. Pretty sure you can see where this is going)

Van Helser

Big Foot! Though what we probably have here is a Jokaero in a Big Foot suit...

The Elysian looks great. That's a good base model to work with. I'm glad to see there's room for a more sci-fi looking model amongst the grim-dark ones.

Ruaridh

RobSkib

Big Foot brought up a chuckle, looking forward to seeing him orange!  ;D

Looking forward to seeing your ex-elysian come along, have you thought about shortening the barrel on his lasgun? Sticking a scope on it would make it look like a long-las in isolation, but put him up against another model toting the standard lasgun model and it'd just look like a lasgun with a scope. Unless of course, that's what you're going for!

Keep us updated :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Aurelius

Next model completed! Jade Tarth, ex-Adeptus Arbites officer, sent to the Pit-Fights for her part in a secret society who dispensed off-the-books vigilante justice to the Imperial nobility.  Conversion using a Barbaretta model, with a warmachine cog head and arm from a Reaper master series model

Hope you like her!

Cheers
Aurelius

Van Helser

Really nice job with the freehand, and I really like the contrast between the body suit and the armour. The checks on the leg have me looking at the Barbaretta model in a completely different light now. There's a world of much more elegant possibilities for that miniature than the paramilitary look I've stuck with before.

Ruaridh

Aurelius

Thanks Ruaridh for the compliments :) the barbaretta body is a really nice sculpt, and I think it is underrated. Probably because her usual face brings it down a lot. Check were blatantly ripped off that 28mm Eisenhorn diorama from years ago, they recall Carnivora for me for some reason.  Next up is my Medicae I think, his scrubs and skin are done so good progress has been made.

Lord Borak

I could have sworn I replied to this...

Great conversion mate and that paint job really brings it out. As Van Helser said those checks really add something to that model. Cool story too, we all like a bit of vigilante justice now and then.

Aurelius

Bit of a cross post from Lead Adventure. I've been busy on the painting front, here are four more models ready for the table.

Radical Inquisitor Lupus von Sydow

Inquisitrix Elizabeth Lestrange

Gunslinger Maverick Sabre

Mutant Medicae Spa-tula Grimm

And of course some obligatory mood shots

The crews so far

Think I might be getting closer to an actual game now! Hope you like them,
Cheers Aurelius

Lord Borak

Well, that's some really nice stuff! Conversions and Paint jobs are very nice indeed. One question though, where are you getting the Power Claws from? Warmachine models?