Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Kaptins Konversion Klinik

Started by KaptiDavy, March 23, 2015, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

If I might, I'd suggest a few more power cables, massive shoulderpads or other 40kish gubbins, as it's still a little "historic" to my eye, but it looks pretty good all the same. Eisenhorn's head is a bit of a surprise, given it's a heroic proportion part on a more scale-true miniature, but while it does give him a fairly slender look, but it works.

Oh, and I'd definitely cover up the Sigmarite emblem on the hammer head.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

KaptiDavy

Well, he has some background, and he's not really fond of technology (the bionic arm was implanted against his will, heh), so no more gubbins, I'm afraid:)
And I really like the sigmarite hammerhead - the comet theme is not without precedence in 40K (Dark Heresy???)

But his crusader acolyte will be more massive, here are some WIP pics

Aurelius

Oh I do like the last too! Very nice use of historical minis. I have looked far and wide for economically priced knight helmets in 1/32 but have struggled, the best I could find was a pack on ebay for 8 helmets, which cost what a whole minis would cost.

KaptiDavy

Thanks!

The helmet is a leftover from the other guy (see the colour??), and the figure itself (well, the legs) came from here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/strong-seller?_rdc=1
Some cheap replicas from Russia (with love) - beware, most of them are single piece minis, but there are some real nice surprises if you look, and the scale is perfect.

Otherwise, you may try this: http://www.johnedenstudios.com/
There are tons of stuff not listed on the site, so ask if they have anything you have in mind, but some time ago I saw a medieval male head selection so it's worth a try.
These guys are a bit smaller though listed as 54mm, they are actually 1/35 scale, but helmets could work anyway.

Van Helser

I really like the psycannon. Must have taken a lot of work. Good effort!

Ruaridh

KaptiDavy

Actually not - it was completely improvised while staring over my bitzbox.
The main thrust came from the baal predator's sponson weapon suspensor (the arm on the side) - from then on, everything went just smooth

KaptiDavy

Remember this comic? I do.

The guy wasn't too bright, but it's one helluva wheelchair... I decided long ago to make my own version. Here are some WIP pics

It'll be a member of a chaos biker gang... well, sort of - more pics tomorrow  ;D

Lord Borak

This is some awesome stuff right here mate!! I'm seriously digging that back pack mounted Psycannon.

KaptiDavy

Well thanks - this character needed more than a year to take shape from the rough ideas I had at the time, but now he's pretty much fleshed out (backgroundwise too)

And here's the rabid wheelchair put together ;D

greenstuff_gav

love the concept and the bits work fantastic!
have you tried having him a bit higher-up? such a unique character could do with more presence methunks
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

KaptiDavy

Well, I think he's a real speedfreak (literally), hence the forward stance, ever watching for victims... and yesterday I decided to make an actual wheelchair bloke when time and the bitzbox permits  ;D

KaptiDavy

Some progress here... first, an old mutant, I made about a year ago

And I finally finished this one... needed some time to figure out what to put on that base...

He's a replica from Andrea miniatures' Landsknecht artillery train (http://www.andreaeurope.com/en/1/andrea-miniatures/102/the-army-of-charles-v/10/s2-s01-landsknechts-artillery-train-1525.html), a fellow hungarian let me make the copies before he sold it on ebay ;)
And I have a few workable copies left, if any of You are interested

KaptiDavy

And still some more... first one is of the cybersoldiers of the stealth team, the other's the boss

I know, I know, both the head and the laptop is a bit too large, but I'm sure they're some sanctioned modifications...

Van Helser

I've always thought about making a "Bag Man" for Inquisitor as an NPC courier for robbing/making dead drops/deploying virus grenades, and this chap is pretty much the route I would've taken. Looks good. Where is the head from out of interest?

The mutant and the converted non-GW figures look good too. I like the cyclopean visor of the cybersoldier a lot.

Ruaridh

KaptiDavy

That head is from the plastic ogryn set - a great kit for this scale (you'll see some other bits in the near future)
The visor's made because I don't like painting faces ;D