Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Kaptins Konversion Klinik

Started by KaptiDavy, March 23, 2015, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krenshar

... Has it gone yet?

I was about to complement you on your inspired use of an old heavy flamer, Kaptin.  But then I scrolled down and lost my soul to Chaos.  Wish I had your eye for kitbashing.

What's the base model for the fine gentleman with binox and rifle? All three of your monodominants are great pieces but he's my favourite; the over-shoulder aiming reticle just pips him past his boss for me.  My only criticism is that I think his bag straps could do with continuing over the chest aquila instead of running under it.

KaptiDavy

Thanks!
That figure came from an italian ebay seller, and I still don't have a clue about its origins - I'm glad I've grabbed it, as he obviously had only this one

QuoteMy only criticism is that I think his bag straps could do with continuing over the chest aquila instead of running under it.

Well, I pondered this for a while, but then I thought it must be some later addition to the plate, or a strap-on - and I didn't want to ruin that aquila :P

KaptiDavy

Let's play gang war!

Lord Borak

These guys look awesome mate. What parts did you use? Are you going to paint them up in the traditional Goliath scheme? Red and Hazard stripes?

KaptiDavy

QuoteRed and Hazard stripes?

Just like that, I promise  8)

They're made of dragon ogres and ogryns - well, most of them. Some arms are stolen from ogre kits, and the mohawks are from the river troll box. Weapons - of course - came from orks, and that hammer is made of different gubbins.
I'll put up some individual shots after the final touches of GS have set

realitybytes16

Well, clearly you have been blessed by the kit-bash gods - superlative work sir!

I especially love the speed freak dudes on wheels, the use of a Talos torso is inspired, as are many of your mechanical kit-bashes. The chaos knight horse head as a hood ornament is terrific.
Is the group with the mohawks actually intended as a Goliath gang? Because I love it when characters from other games like Necromunda manage to sneak into =][= like that. Your eye for turning bits into something totally "other" than their original intent is incredible, like the mohawks coming from river trolls.

Also, where did you say those Cherubim were from? Malifaux was it?

KaptiDavy

QuoteWell, clearly you have been blessed by the kit-bash gods

I've made my sacrifices  ;)

QuoteIs the group with the mohawks actually intended as a Goliath gang?
You bet!
QuoteBecause I love it when characters from other games like Necromunda manage to sneak into =][= like that.

Just what I thought - I always loved the feel of the original necromunda gangs, and when I saw those dragon ogre bits nicely laid out in a bitz store, I had an idea... they were in the making for a year! The mohawks gave me quite a headache until I found those troll fins.

And yes, the babies are Malifaux terror tots - they scale perfectly (I tried one of them in the hands of my Eisenhorn, heh heh)

Aurelius

That Goliath gang is inspired! Can't wait to see them painted, just promise me they won't go on Scorpion Green bases ok ;)

Lord Borak

I've wanted to do Necromunda at 54mm scale for a while now (hence the redemptionists, pit slave etc). It'd be great if we all did a Necromunda gang each :D

KaptiDavy

I got some plans for a Cawdor gang too (those bits are slowly gathering now...)

Radu Lykan

Quote from: Aurelius on September 14, 2016, 04:11:20 AM
That Goliath gang is inspired! Can't wait to see them painted, just promise me they won't go on Scorpion Green bases ok ;)

They must be put upon hazard stripe bases as is only right and proper for necromunda models :)

KaptiDavy

Quoteas is only right and proper for necromunda models

Just the way I see it  ;D

Radu Lykan

Quote from: Lord Borak on September 14, 2016, 07:27:35 AM
I've wanted to do Necromunda at 54mm scale for a while now (hence the redemptionists, pit slave etc). It'd be great if we all did a Necromunda gang each :D

Some how skipped this bit, 54mm Necromunda sounds great, I have a box of the technolog plastics that would work as orlocks....... :)

RobSkib

Outstanding stuff! Your ogryn Goliaths are inspired. I heartily approve of someone who has as much trouble as me at making models and not painting them  ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

greenstuff_gav

wasn't there a large scale Necromunda game at a Games Day? seem to recall i worked that one but were made from Action Figures!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination