Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Kaptins Konversion Klinik

Started by KaptiDavy, March 23, 2015, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaptiDavy

So... You mean the left leg could come a bit backwards, and the knee a bit up? I hated the original build enough (glueing it in this pose was a mess), but I might try again, thanks

KaptiDavy

Alright, I hacked the poor guy to pieces and still struggling to get the pose right, but I also finalized some projects from the last page:
First one is the tainted putto - I'm glad those vargheist wings turned out proportionally good! (or did they???)

I also built the last of my servo skulls (so far) - it's a classic design from the depths of the old witchhunter codex

If that wouldn't be enough, I finished the roadkillkrew, including that wheelchair guy from the dredd comics  ;D

and a bonus buddy whos hasn't been mentioned earlier:

Alyster Wick

That group is delightfully eclectic! I will say you have taken the concept about as far as it will go though. Will this group be NPC ruffians? They look like they'd be great bad guys for a scenario, chasing the players around the board, causing them to make daring leaps to escape the motorized mayhem.

Lord Borak

These are completely off the wall. Very, very cool.

KaptiDavy

Thanks! The road crew might be my ticket to "revised vehicle rules", otherwise they will be some low level minions of a dark mechanicus villain (sorry, this one's not a teaser... yet)

Van Helser

I love the bionic-hobby-horse-segway! The servo skull is a classic design, realised exceptionally well. I think the wings on the tainted cherubim look just fine.

Ruaridh

KaptiDavy

After a long hiatus, I've finally finished some minis!
I found Zinge Industries' flexible resin ammo belts and finalized my gunservitor

Which means the first warband is ready for painting

I1ll be back soon with some more:)

RobSkib

Aah, I see you too suffer from Conversionitis, symptoms include always finding time to create loads of rad models, but somehow never having enough time to paint any of them  :P

Have you got any more angles of those three guys?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

maglash1017

Those are some great conversions you got there! I especially love the gun seevitor. The combination of the goofy belly and the huge gun, backpack and get glasses looks very creepy. The glasses look al little offset to the left in your first picture but that might be the angle. Keep us updated!

KaptiDavy

Yep, conversionitis.... aches a little sometimes, but I have other reasons tooo
These are older minis that got finished these days - turn the page for some close-ups (they're there somewhere)

KaptiDavy

So.. back with the next batch - this time I finished the paladin!
After several failed attempts and finding this shield from the Imperial Knight kit, I discarded the idea of a plasticard =][=... I cannibalized a ravenwing sprue instead

I also finished this fine gentleman here:

to round out another warband

Lord Borak

They all look great mate but the dude with the sword and shield is absolutely epic. Great stuff!

maglash1017

Looking good, I like it! I like how you've been pretty redundant about "grimdarkening" the base models on the left and middle character. Were it one model alone, I think it would look to medieval, but as a warband it works very well: the models all look very puritan and no-nonsense to me. The only thing that looks a little odd to me are the proportions on the middle character: his arms and legs look fine length-wise, but he seems very thin and frail (hich might actually suit an older character: whether it will problematic in the end depends on how you paint him I guess). Like Borak I love the paladin, there's just something about the combination of the steel and chainmail armour with the psycannon that looks very cool.

KaptiDavy

Thanks! According to their story, they're from a quasi-medieval world, hence the looks - only the leader has some bionics (and he's not fond of it)
Scalewise I should've been more cautious, as Marco has already mentioned (a few pages back), but I planned him as an old man, so I steal that idea:)

KaptiDavy

Should I write here anything? Probably not... ;D