Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A Storm of Brushes

Started by Alyster Wick, March 27, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

It's taken me a couple of weeks to get 5 models ready for an initial WIP photo, but here we are:

On either flank we have the final two daemonhosts I am making for my "Coterie" thread. The Nurglesque host to the left of the picture is a deceased and rotting body, carried along by the daemon's will alone. The Tzeentchian host on the right of the photo burns with aetheric fire. The original model is an ancient Judge Dredd "Judge Fire" model that I found on eBay. It was very short and slight, so has had a waist and shin extension.

The hulking brute 2nd from the left is an Heir-Killer of the reaver fleets of Captain Hagen Bloodoath. In the middle is an Interrogator from an Ordo Xenos warband that will eventually come to light. The final figure is a Dark Mechanicus magos ally of the reaver fleets.

Still a lot of work to do to these before they are ready for painting, but I am confident I can make the deadline!

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

have... have you converted the crime lord?!  :'(
that said, great looking collection; love to see different bits in new conversions! :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

KaptiDavy

Nice to see that judge between some other models - and the will to do such heresy with old favourites:)

Van Helser

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on April 09, 2015, 06:11:56 PM
have... have you converted the crime lord?!  :'(

You've just reminded me I took the Crimelord body and converted an alien out of it that I never got around to finishing. Must dig that out along with the other members of the Brunel Corporation.. I blame planning a wedding and honeymoon for forgetting all about them!

But yes, the Heir-Killer uses the Crimelord's cape on top of Krash Krieger Thrax's body.

Ruaridh

Cortez

Finally managed to get some free time over the last weekend and managed to assemble a new Inquisitor out of an Eisenhorn and some judge parts:

Not completely happy with the angle of the left arm and I'd have preferred a shooting pose with the right arm (but that would have required a lot more greenstuff skill than I possess), however I think he looks ok. Now to try and find time to get some paint on him and figure out the rest of his team and his background.

Van Helser

I like that he appears to be about to knee cap someone with extreme prejudice. The Dirty Harry grimace on that head really sells it!

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

Just to show that I am, in fact, making some progress...

I'll say that the technique I'm "practicing" on at this point is how to get in painting while having to do massive amounts of travel for work while keeping my marriage in tact. That's a roundabout way of saying I'm not super happy with the paint job necessarily, but it's what I can do with the time I have.

PS glad to see more folks have joined in!

Lord Borak

Those are awesome!! I'm at a loss as to where the parts for the left one are from though.

greenstuff_gav

at a guess,
marine assault cannon (autocannon magazine), mechadendrites are Gruss, forgeworld chainblade and marine scope, malicants' shoulderpad, marine parchment and meltabomb and the body is familiar...
it's a cast of my adept :)

i like the barberetta sniper too; very Warhammer Monthly :)

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Ah! Cool. I got all the GW parts but it was the base model I couldn't work out. Well, in that case, nice sculpt Gav :)

greenstuff_gav

the last one* is going into the prize pool for IGT15 ;)

*for a while; i do plan on having all 54mm stuff available but the aircaste depends on Kaleds' permission and my own sculpts are low priority!

Build Your Imagination

Aurelius

Hi guys, posted this on my own thread, but here is number 2! Think I will be on track to get 3 done by the deadline :)
Jade Tarth, ex-Adeptus Arbites officer, sent to the Pit-Fights for her part in a secret society who dispensed off-the-books vigilante justice to the Imperial nobility.

Cheers Aurelius

Alyster Wick

Great work everyone! I feel like I've been the slacker here (though to be fair there's been a lot of travel in the past month, part of the reason that I set the deadline so far ahead).

Anyway, this isn't the only thing I've done but it's the most interesting:

Pretty happy with the forehead veins. I was going to give him a tattooed on "crown." They'd be glowing tattoos that ward off hacking attempts (sort of cyber-wards, if you will). I still may attempt some of those on his clothing, but his head may get a little cluttered. Maybe I'll just do some glowing green face tats on one of his cheeks? We'll see.

Radu Lykan

currently a few final touches and bases away from finishing Hans and ripper, off on holiday from friday so it is feeling tight, wish me luck :)

Alyster Wick

Trying to keep my momentum up. This guy is all set except for a few details (stitching, highlights on the brass, shoulder pad, a couple base details, and the freehand).