Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shadowrun museum scale troll - to ork or to ogryn?

Started by Aurelius, March 24, 2015, 08:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius

Hi guys, need some advice. Picked this guy up cheap from Paizo.com

This is a Ral Partha museum scale troll model.
Here is a scale shot with my Inquisitor

And a ruler

So he is roughly 75mm ish tall.

And a shot of his face

Ok so the question is, to Ork or to Ogryn?
His race could go either way with minor sculpting (horns removed from back of head).
Size wise he could fit either, perhaps a touch big for a normal Ork but fine for a Nob.
Equipment he could be either, spread hand is a bit goofy and needs to be holding something. Equipment and clothing is humanish, but if he is an Ork he will be a Blood Axe. Putting aside fluff going against an Ork (which can be explained, particulary for where my games will be operating).

And a last delightful shot of the box art, some nice fashion on this guy lol

So, what do you guys think?
Cheers
Aurelius

Van Helser

First instinct would be ogryn. I would say he isn't hunched over enough to be an ork. With some sculpting work I'm sure that could be changed though.

Ruaridh

Aurelius

I tend to agree - and the sculpting work would be difficult, as to hunch him over, his long coat (which is super thick pewter), would need to be reposed to hang down vertically.
I am leaning towards an Ogryn club bouncer or crime boss. What do you think about the mohawk? Should it stay or go?

Heroka Vendile

there was an american chap a couple years ago (maybe more than just a couple, it was at least 1 or 2 versions of the conclave ago) who posted his collection of about 20 conversions of this model. Most were Ogryns.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Aurelius

20 conversion's? !  :o  Wow that would be expensive!
you don't happen to have any pics do you?
I think I will go Ogryn, I think he will look awesome with cool tribal tatoos and maybe some knuckle dusters.

Alyster Wick

Thumbs up to the ogryn idea. He could just be an ambiguous hominid enforcer of some kind as well. I'm all about the mohawk, it gives him some flair and character. First things first, get rid of his right hand and put something more fun there (could be an orky claw, or something more interesting).

Aurelius

Yeah the Mohawk is staying for sure. I actually already have a 28mm Ogryn with a mohawk, and it gives him some swagger. Hand has to go, I think know he might be trying to halt the people behind him, but I'm really not sure.