Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

Nice to see my name on the top parcel :)
Regarding the old project, I had planned a cult mob that could be used as loyalist and heretics alike, they all wield metal clubs with skulls on the end as a kindve badge of office, the leader wields a flaming one.
Finding out their true motivations will be part of a campaign. Now the models are on their way I can actually write the ideas down :)
Also thinking one of the robed leg sets might get attached to the daemon huntress torso I bought the other day, will see if it works

Nice cohesive paint job on the mob, be good if you did the same again but slightly different hue of red, a rival faction within the same religion fighting over the interpretation of the words of a long dead saint, a pointless conflict but one a canny inquisitor could exploit?

Lord Borak

No worries Radu. I even went and did some photoshop shenanigans to edit your full name and address out. For a technophobe like me, that's a serious honour.

That sounds quite cool. I might steal some of that. The campaign I had planned was that an Inquisitor was assassinated whilst investigating this cult. His whole warband was eliminated except one, who hid and went undercover. It's then all about him picking up a warband and investigating the Cult. Eventually tracking them down and doing them in. The plan is to have the Cult led by an Alpha Legionary. I just need to decide if I want him in armour or out of armour and in robes like the cultists (which means sculpting him from scratch).

I can't help you on the Huntress fit as I don't own one :S

Right, a bit of a tangent but so far I have.....

Alyster Wick - 2 Sets
Radu Lykan - 1 Set
Gav - 1 Set
Cymrilian - 1 Set
Mike Blake - 1 set
Van Helset - 1 set
Vale - 1 model.

If there is anyone else I've missed can you message me again? Your message has been buried in PMs. I should have these sent off tomorrow except those that I have PM'd to say so otherwise.

RobSkib

Cultists you say? *heresy senses tingling*

I must have missed it earlier in the post, but how much, for how many?

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

No, No heresy here. We're referring to the Red Redemption Cultists. I think. It's £15 for a set of three (plus postage)

Right, on to the next step. I haven't had the chance to sit down and paint (too many distractions) so I've been cracking on with a Cult Leader/Cardinal type character. As you can see he's based on the Cultist model but with some flashy bits added on. I'm not sure If I'm going to be able to cast this up to be honest with you. I'll have a go but I doubt I'll be able to get the chain mail done perfectly.

greenstuff_gav

and to show you don't have to be a wizard with greenstuff like Borak!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Oh that's not fair. The Cardinal was going to be holding a Book exactly like your conversion there.

Says the man named 'Greenstuff' Gav. :P

Alyster Wick

Those two minis (your cardinal Borak and Gav's dude) are getting me very, very excited for my shipment to arrive!!!

Lord Borak

I've been a bit quiet on here but I've not had much to update you with as I've had to re-do some of my old moulds as they started to crack and so forth. Still, I have now finished the Cardinal model and done a couple of weapons. I didn't have any of the Chain weapons from the booster pack (much to my sorrow) so I've finally bitten the bullet and made one. I also fancied making a Plasma Pistol for my Cardinal. I doubt I'll actually be including these in the Cardinal pack as they are rather hard to cast up!

Inquisitor Vale

Hello,
Really like the Cardinal -- suits the Red Redemption perfectly -- lovely weapons. Slowly working on mine.
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

Van Helser

Great scratchbuilt chainsword there. How's the detail on the teeth? I imagine that would be very hard to avoid air bubble in when casting.

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Cheers guys.

Vale, looking forward to seeing the pics :)

VanHelser, Yeah, the teeth are pretty tricky. I have to put a drop in both sides of the mould first and make sure the resin gets into all the teeth before I put the mould together. It's a bit of a git which is why I don't think I'll be mass producing them anytime soon. Still, out of 5 attempts I have 4 that are serviceable. One of those has 2 dodgy teeth and one is missing the tip of the hand guard but they're easy fixes.

Right, anyway, up date time! PAINTED STUFF!

Cardinal is done. He's not had a huge amount of time spent on him but he's had more time than the rest of the Cultists. Pics aren't great as the light is diabolical but you get the general idea. The flash destroys a lot of the highlights.

I have also done the base colour of my Marine. Considering it's only a single highlight I'm quite pleased with the fellow.

Alyster Wick

Cult leader is great. Really effective paint job, I'm a huge fan of chevrons on chain weapons (like you're getting hit over the head with a giant, toothed "caution" sign). What did you use for the blood?

For the Space Marine, I almost refuse to believe there's only a single highlight. It looks fantastic! Tell me you at least used some shades/inks on it first. Your placement of silver "paint chipping" effects is great. He looks practically complete (minus some detailing) looking forward to seeing what he looks like once he's complete!

Lord Borak

Cheers mate. I am totally stealing that idea. I want a Cultist armed with a stolen 'caution' sign. The blood is the old GW water effect mixed with Red and Brown ink. Works quite well. To get the drops I glues some old bristles to the blade and then covered them with 2-3 layers of clear nail varnish.

I did a tutorial ages ago (4 years! Oh crap) on drool. http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/completed-tutorials/218074-drooooooooool-how-do.html

A bit of an old model but the same (and better carried out) technique.

PS: The thing in the woods makes for a great Rabid mutant wolf in games by the way.

As for the Marine, yeah, one highlight. Basecoat is Caliban Green. Main colour is Jade green and the highlight is Vile green. Thanks though, yeah just a few last details. He's going to have checks on his left shoulder pad and right knee and I think I'll go with blue lenses for his eyes and sight on his Bolter. Not sure what to do for the scanner thing on his arm though.

Van Helser

I really do like the chapter emblem. How about white for the scanner? I think it needs to be contrasting to stand out against the armour.

The cardinal looks great. Love the gore, and hazard stripes will never go out of fashion. I suspected the teeth would be a swine to cast. Chainweapons are something I will probably avoid when I get round to doing my own sculpt.

Ruaridh

seaglen

Im really liking the marine - I cannot wait to see the finished result!