Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Quote from: realitybytes16 on August 06, 2016, 07:08:28 PM
what's the stance on inventing non-canon races/creating your own depictions of little-known canon races on here?

It's encouraged, and there's even a thread where there's a challenge to make a model of a creature from a minor race right at this moment!

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0

Sorry to hear the wee monster got into this big monster. Look forward to pics eventually.

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Mutant Pit slave is done.

The pictures didn't come out great for some reason. The yellow on the Power cable looks pretty flat but hey-hum!

realitybytes16

Quote from: Van Helser on August 07, 2016, 02:02:41 PM
Quote from: realitybytes16 on August 06, 2016, 07:08:28 PM
what's the stance on inventing non-canon races/creating your own depictions of little-known canon races on here?

It's encouraged, and there's even a thread where there's a challenge to make a model of a creature from a minor race right at this moment!

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0

Thank you dude, I confess I had actually seen that since posting ^^' I may have to enter if I can find the time - I'll have to do some reading to find a race that best suits what I might be able to convert though :D.

Quote from: Lord Borak on August 07, 2016, 05:54:45 PM
Mutant Pit slave is done.

The pictures didn't come out great for some reason. The yellow on the Power cable looks pretty flat but hey-hum!

He looks terrific dude! What did you use for the blood? This guy looks so ready to tear someone up! >:D

Lord Borak

The blood is a mix of GW water effect, Red Ink, Brown Ink. That is then stippled in certain areas and once dry I add some Purple Ink to the mix and dab it in areas where blood would pool or be thickest. Lovely stuff! I don't think there's enoguh blood in all honesty so may have to go back and add some more to the claw (with drips!).

RobSkib

Awesome! I love the paint job - the pale skin and purple scales sets it apart enough from the source model, and the colours of the weird gubbinz on the back perfectly compliments the muted flesh and metal. I'm always a sucker for big vats o' goo.

Regarding your photos - do you use photo editing software like Photoshop, or a free version like GIMP or Pixlr? If so, try fiddling with the Curves setting a bit, make the dark tones darker and the light tones lighter, even just a little bit, and you'll make all those painstaking highlights pop out a lot more.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

That's one big ol' mean pit slave you've got there! Lovely paint job.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Lord Borak

Cheers chaps!

Regarding the Photo editing. I use Picasa, it's not complicated but all it really is is brightening the photo's up and cropping them.

Ok. Well, whilst sifting the interwebs looking for inspiration for an 'assassin' I fell upon this picture...

So! This lady is going to be my new Inquisitor. Her cover is an Imperial Bounty Hunter/Assassin for Hire. This is my take on the artwork... Kinda finished but Kinda not. I still need to finish the pouches. Other than though though! She's done. If you're curious, her head started off as a knackered Sevora head.

maglash1017

Wow, that is looking awesome! I especially love the pose.  She's leaning forward without looking out of balance, which gives the miniature a sense of realism. I'm looking forward to seeing her painted up.

realitybytes16

She's looking superb mate!

The gun looks fantastic actually - so hefty! Which model did you use for the base again? One of the North Star "Totally Not Mass Effect" ones right?

mcjomar

That's a very nice chunk of GS work on that model.
I'm a little unsure of the grip on the bolt pistol - should it be that far forward? Maybe I'm just misjudging the distance.
I like the rest, especially the work you've done on that hair, and the work on the chest of her suit, not to mention the buckles and straps.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

Very nicely done, but I agree with mcjomar that the pistol grip position looks off.  Are you going to add the infra-goggles that are in the source artwork?

Basing idea, colour scheme?

Ruaridh

Radu Lykan

Any chance of a scale pic? That bolt pistol is throwing my perception off somehow, it looks big on her which I like but really makes me think about how crazy 40k scale must be

RobSkib

That's some a damn lovely model you've got there - I'd echo the questions about the source model though, I can't place it in my head.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

Sorry for the late reply. I can't remember the actual model company but it's the same one McJomar used for his models. I just filed off all the details!

This is Brother Sergeant Banek Hargrimm. Permanently attached to Inquisitorial duties due to being a bit of a nutter. He hates psykers basically and that even extends to his brothers in the chapter Librarium!!

I may make him with no power armour on, just simple robes for games where power armour is not required.

KaptiDavy

Nice bit of a background  ;D

Did You just hacked the original bolter apart to build this pistol?