Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez

I thought that 1/32 scale truck might end up looking a bit small. Games Workshop figures are just too heroically scaled unfortunately. It should still work though once you've 40k'd it up a bit.

Lord Borak

Quote from: jediknight129 on December 18, 2016, 04:36:43 AM
bRrelrhings

What language is this??? Sounds heretical to me. Is it? I'm guessing you mean brass fittings. They'll eventually end up as Barrels. Same as the green ones I a;ready did a page or so back.

The 1:24 pick up is MASSIVE compared to models. Here's a picture.....

... as you can see, the difference is quite large. What do you think suits better? ((personally, I prefer the pick up purely because it's a nicer model.))

Cortez

I'd go with the 1/24 pickup. While it's slightly too big, it's a better fit for Kal Jericho than the other one and the over sized compensating for something look suits 40k anyway :)

seaglen

I'd go two ways with these models - either beef up the green truck with some more chunky/gothic bits, or conversely, drop the height of the pickup (my first thought was tauros tracks to lower it, and also to make it more 40k).

I'd say the green truck already fits the aesthetic of 40k slightly more, with the curved arches etc (old genestealer cult limos spring to mind) whereas the pickup looks slightly more like a present day car to me..

Van Helser

I'd say the modern truck isn't that oversized to be honest.  Plenty of American pick ups are enormous.  With raised suspension they are obscenely sized.

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

i think both scales work fine. For civilian vehicles I would probably personally lean more to 1/32 or 1/35 scale, but for military ones usually I'd look more to 1/24 scale due to the Imperiums fondness for chunky military vehicles.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Lord Borak

Van Helser, are you sure that man just ins't really small?

So, half of you say the truck, the other half say the pick up.  ::) Well, I'm gonna go ahead and do the pick up first as that's easier to convert being plastic. If it doesn't look the part I'll go ahead and do the truck (die-cast).

Right, here's your Christmas update. One more piece of scenery done! This one is a Prospectors store "Scrap n That". Unfortunately the bulb in the 'S' has stopped working so it says something else now. (I got the name for the store from the name of the thread - You got that, right?) Pics aren't great but you get the general idea.

Merry Christmas!!

Radu Lykan

Interior decorating? Great stuff
I love the fact that's his shack is made from corrugated iron and yet it houses a nice amount of future tech, 40th millennium to a t
Yep we got the name thing :)
Throws up some scenario ideas all by itself, good job

mcjomar

I love that scenery work. It is seriously fantastic.  ;D
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Cheers chaps. Hope this next instalment will not disappoint. Not a huge update really, just the vending machines are done and the last two corner fence sections. Oh, plus a little building made from actual Games Workshop stuff!!! I had some fun with photo's though :D

I like this one:D

Lord Borak

Some 'almost done' pics of Banus. Just some finishing touches like finishing some freehand work and maybe adding some heraldry to his right knee pad (scared of ruining that yellow though :S). I also have some censer balls and the like to add to his belt. Still deciding about them though.

Disclaimer: Pics/Colours aren't great due to lighting issues. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :P

I'll hopefully get him done this week before/after work.  ;D

Lord Borak

Ok, well, he's done then. I still might add some bits later but for now at least he's finished. On to the next project I guess :D

realitybytes16

Looks terrific mate, nice job.

The face is particularly impressive - was that all just layering of progressively lighter fleshtones?

How do you plan to use him in-game, story-wise?

Lord Borak

Not quite sure how I'd use him. Originally I had him as just a painting project but I think he'll just make guest appearances in warbands if the need arises  such as fighting other Marines or particularly dangerous Xenos or Daemons. ((Space Hulk game anyone?)). He has a particular hatred for Psykers though so might go a bit nuts if he spots one.

However I might centre a campaign around him where he is the leader of the Imperial Resistance on a Fallen/Falling Imperial World. Where he, cut off from his chapter, is leading what remains of the loyalist forces. So either an Inquisitor could help him or a chaotic warband could try and take him out or hurt him enough to effect Imperial morale.

realitybytes16

That last idea sounds awesome :D how could he be utterly cut off from the chapter though? Seems like they have such resources that it'd be difficult to get marooned unless you were exiled or on a planet when a warp storm struck.