Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Nice press mold! Also, that Inquisitor had a VERY lucky escape with those bulletholes... And the green is lovely!
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Aurelius

Holy cow! That is an impressive press mould! Have you got any tips you are using? I assume it is a two-part mould?

The painted inquisitor looks ace, I especially like the detail on his cloak, that is some very nice painting.

Lord Borak

Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on April 26, 2015, 11:26:40 PM
..that Inquisitor had a VERY lucky escape with those bulletholes... And the green is lovely!

Yes, yes he did. :S Blame my youth for those holes as I put them in that model many, many, years ago! Cheers about the green, it's the last of my Dark Angels Green :(

Quote from: Aurelius on April 27, 2015, 03:46:18 AM
Holy cow! That is an impressive press mould! Have you got any tips you are using? I assume it is a two-part mould?

The painted inquisitor looks ace, I especially like the detail on his cloak, that is some very nice painting.

Yeah man, It's instant mould (Google it if you haven't heard of it). There's loads of online tutorials but give me a couple of hours (maybe a day) and I'll write one up for you. It may even have pictures!!!

Lord Borak

Magos is done. Although, looking at him now, I might go back and add a freehand cog pattern to the hood.

MarcoSkoll

That is a very nice rich red, and the yellow on the cable isn't half bad either... good work!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Cheers mate. To be honest the Red took me the best part of a day so after I'd done that I was pretty much sick of the model and wanted it done. Which is why some bits look a little rushed.

Anyway!! Here's 'The Executioner'. I went for a fairly high tech look as I figured the Inquisitions bounty hunter would have the best gear. The helmet is based off the Praetor pattern Space Marine Helmet. Thinking of adding a back pack, thoughts?

Radu Lykan

looks cool, do you plan to sculpt more details on the face plate or leave it plain jane for mysteriousness? :)

Lord Borak

The original plan was to have lenses and vents on the face plate but when I had it at this stage I just fell in love with it so I kept it 'as is'. The mysterious blank face is pretty fitting I think and looks quite sinister. Back ground for this guy is that he's the 'Executioner'. The Dude the Inquisition sends out when something needs to be purged or brought in in chains. His team will be a couple of Inquisitorial storm troopers when I get around to converting them.

greenstuff_gav

i missed that mechanicus; gorgeous red!

for the bounty hunter, did you consider having him looking over the shield?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

The head isn't stuck on yet actually because I couldn't decide if I was having him in the pose above or in the pose you suggested.... :S I'm leaning towards the pose in the pictures as it just looks a little more dramatic.

Aurelius

I must have missed the Magos,  and I will echo the above - a lovely rich red.  ;D A bit of white freehand would really make him pop I think. The executioner is really cool too. I am leaning towards a backpack, as the side on view looks a little flat

Van Helser

Great red on the Magos, but I'll mirror Aurelius's comments about some freehand and a backpack for the other guy. A little cog pattern around the cuff of the sleeves perhaps?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Cheers guys! :) I'll definitely get onto that freehand.

Ok, been quiet on the update front I know but it's because I've been working on something that I wasn't sure would work - As I've never done anything like it before.... So I was holding off on pictures until it was done! Which it is!..... maybe. I'm gonna go back and re-do the banding on the shin guard and maybe a few other things too while I'm at it.

This is actually my first full sculpt and my first sculpted face as well. Thoughts, criticisms etc all welcome.

MarcoSkoll

I'm afraid I'm going to have to start by saying something that probably doesn't sound hugely encouraging, but... I think it's a she?
The body shape is somewhat androgynous (curvy with fairly broad shoulders) and I tend not to read too much into first attempts on faces, because they take practice.

I know that sounds negative, but trust me, this is a very respectable first attempt. I've been sculpting for years, and I will frequently redo or rework parts - most often faces, but there have been other casualties (such as the Mordant Sgts legs, if you recall that from my thread).

The model's sex aside, there are a few anatomical issues to bring up - the knees are a little low on the legs (more notable on the left leg, as it's bent), the right buttock should hang a little lower than the left (as the left leg is raised) and the eyes should be further down the head (half way from top of scalp to bottom of jaw).

Regarding that last one, I'll try to pull up (and quite probably rework) an old tutorial I did on faces, as they take a bit of learning - it sounds odd for something we see every day, but most people don't truly know what faces look like; we tend not to learn because their recognition is usually handled by subconscious visual processing... which is fine until you're trying to draw/sculpt/paint and find that information cannot be called upon consciously.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Cheers for the tips Marco. I've re-worked the left knee and re-worked the face by narrowing the chin and building up the cheek bones. It's not easy to see in the pics but 'she' looks a fair bit more girly (I think anyway). Not much I can do about the eyes without cutting the whole face away and starting again, so I'll just put that down to experience and claim that that's just how people look on her world ;) I also lowered her bottom (ooo-eer matron!) so hopefully that's all sorted now as well.