Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Yep, that's a big improvement. The legs look a lot better and the cheekbones help the face - it was a bit gaunt and masculine before and the long hair made the original result slightly reminiscent of David Bradley (Filch) in the Harry Potter films.

While I can understand your reluctance to cut away and redo parts, I will reiterate the point that I will regularly redo parts I'm not happy with. So while perhaps not this time, it's good to keep as an option for the future.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

For a first attempt at sculpting a whole model, that's pretty impressive. What's the character's story?

Aurelius

Well color me impressed for a first attempt I think it is phenomenal. Also a very unique pose, I can't quite decide whether she is about to light her iho stick, or fling the lighter into a puddle of promethium!

Radu Lykan

I think it's great, the legs/knees are slightly out but I can say without doubt it's at least 3.67 times better than I could do :)

Heroka Vendile

Love the richness of the magos' paint job. Stunning.
Your sculpting is something to be envied!  :)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Lord Borak

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! It's a huge confidence/ego boost :D I'm planning on sculpting a squad of Kasrkin/Inquisitorial Storm Troopers as well at some point when all these other models are done!

Speaking of getting models done. I've painted the skin and hair on Dixx. To be truthful I painted this on the weekend but I've been doing Overtime at work so just haven't had the time to take pictures or paint any more! The skin is a mix of Scab Red, Bestial Brown and Dwarf Flesh. Highlighted up with Dwarf Flesh then Elf flesh. Finally washed with a mix of Codex Grey and Elf flesh around the nose and below the chin for shadow.

I'm thinking of adding some sort of band logo on the back of her leather jacket and some small motif to her T-Shirt but I dunno what. I was thinking 'Lasguns n' Roses' on her Jacket, obviously with the Guns n Roses logo. AS for the T-Shirt, colour and motif ideas please! :D

Van Helser,

She's just a ganger-turned arms dealer with a subtle abilty to read minds :D She's currently on the run after screwing over the wrong gang (which just so happen to be Alpha legion spies in a warband coming soon)

Lord Borak

Thinking of something like this on the back of the jacket with "Lasguns and Roses" and, obviously, lasguns instead of Pistols. Good/Bad?

Heroka Vendile

if you can pull it off at a 1cm diameter it'd be something, perhaps a simplified skull with lasguns crossed underneath?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Lord Borak

Pictures are a bit rushed but........... ?

DapperAnarchist

Oooooh, that's nice. I guess she's from the mean streets of Paradise Hive? Or did she used to work for a gang lord called Master Brownstone?
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Van Helser

Some astoundingly gorgeous brush work there. Green with envy over here!

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

Really great paint job there, it's beautiful.

I've been meaning to comment on this thread for some time now as your pieces are fantastic. Could you do a bit of a tutorial or at least take some WIPs while you're working with GS? There's a substantial amount of your GS work that looks as if it was press molded from GW models with some slight modifications, I'd just be interested in seeing what your process is. For example, your Covenant based inquisitor, are those straight-up terminator boots for legs? The arms look like standard SM arms as well, but slightly longer (unless I'm imagining things). Really great stuff, interested in your methods.

Similar questions for your scratch piece. Again, it looks brilliant. Some bits of it (the vest and legs, for instance) look very similar to other Inquisitor pieces (vest from Talon, legs similar to the scout). I didn't know if you used the GW minis as reference when you were sculpting or if you had some kind of pseudo-press mold sorcery you were doing.

Lord Borak

Cheers guys! Paradise Hive, eh?, I like that!!

Alyster, I do use a simple press mould to copy a few GW parts, like the girls Lasgun and Stones head. However the rest of it is just sculpted. The girls torso whilst, yeah, does look like talons torso is completely scratch built with no mould work. AS for the Power armoured feet, the armour is just sculpted over covenants feet. The arms are sculpted over those alternative slick devlan arms. As for the moulds I use, I use INSTANT MOULD. Google it, there's loads of internet tutorials out there.  If you're after a specific tutorial I don't mind doing them :) 

Right, picture time! She's done!........... maybe. She feels to 'clean' so I might add some dirt, scuff marks and weathering on the metals. Speaking of metals, I'm really not impressed with my metallics on this model. :S

This last photo was supposed to show the highlighting on the leather off..... but the camera focused on the crate......... you get the idea though.

Heroka Vendile

let's be honest, with this display of skill, I don't think there's very much advice anyone on here can give you  :P
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Cortez

I think she looks great as she is, so I wouldn't dirty her up too much.