Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

Ok, here's some better pictures for you. I've 'finished' 3 Cultists and have several more in different stages of completion (3 are just awaiting weapons). You can kinda see the air bubbles now but I'll take a picture of them once I've filled them in with Green stuff. Just remember these are the ones I thought were too bad to give to you lot so kept for myself.

Oh, and a Marine.

This guy will be from my own Chapter called the 'Jade Tigers'. This will be the colour scheme

No story for the Marine yet as I don't really think I'll use him. He's a remake of an old conversion. Same pose but done better. The shoulder pads were both the inquisition ones, which I didn't want, so filed them down and GS'd them to look as close to the 'normal' pads as I could. Unfortunately his bolter was converted (badly) into a Flamer so I had to cast up another Bolter for him: Which came out pretty well I might add! The Helmet is a cast because I only have one metal one.

greenstuff_gav

i coulda sent you one from the pile :lol:
have you tweaked Artys pose too?

be interesting to see how well those NPCs paint up :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Alyster Wick

I gotta say, it never occurred to me to do a more "standard" marine pose like that and it actually looks really good. Refreshing change of pace. That's an incredibly intimidating pose. The look on your player's face when this guy busts through the door will be something.

Lord Borak

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on January 01, 2016, 01:28:34 PM
i coulda sent you one from the pile :lol:
have you tweaked Artys pose too?

be interesting to see how well those NPCs paint up :)

Well, I didn't know you had some going spare :P Apart from cutting the right arm he's the stock 'Arty' pose. His body is twisted round as far as it will go so he's brandishing the bolter as far forward as possible. Yup, painting..........hmmm. Think I remember how to paint stuff. It's been a while.

Quote from: Alyster Wick on January 01, 2016, 07:37:53 PM
I gotta say, it never occurred to me to do a more "standard" marine pose like that and it actually looks really good. Refreshing change of pace. That's an incredibly intimidating pose. The look on your player's face when this guy busts through the door will be something.

Not every Death Watch Marine is a Captain ;) Cheers, I am rather pleased with the pose as well. I think having both arms down makes the model look more imposing.  Yes, well, we'll see if he ever gets a game in. Maybe at this years IGT. We'll see if Gav is up to running that Marine campaign.

greenstuff_gav

i gots a box of marine parts left over from the First Founding Project :)
will have to look at how arty goes together stock; i really like the pose you've got there :)

i'm writing the marine campaign for my local club but i suppose there'd be no reason why not running it as a separate gaming day later on...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

As it happens, that's almost exactly what I did with my Astartes (warning, old photo and even older paintjob. Currently, he's been stripped for repainting* and the Wraithlord is a 54mm Wraithguard). It's a pretty effective way of balancing out the ungainly default posing.

*He started as the SM chapter I used in 3rd ed (Storm of the Emperor - yeah, I know, not the best naming), but I want to redo him as the chapter I cooked up for 4th edition, the Astral Jackals, which is rather better fluffed out.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

seaglen

Absolutely stunning work once more!!

On the note of Artemis parts, does anyone (Gav/Borak) have any SM helmets or casts at all? if so, I'd be incredibly keen to obtain one, as I am planning an almost identical conversion of Artemis too!

Lord Borak

Cheers chaps.

Marco: Well, great minds think alike (and fools seldom differ) I suppose!

Right, a little update. My 10 Cultists are equipped and the holes filled in.

I'm also making/casting up some bases. For two reasons really, I don't think I have enough spare 40mm bases kicking around and (this is the main reason really) I really can't be bothered making 10 different bases when their cloaks will cover up most of the base anyway. So...

Oh, yeah, I made a Bolt pistol out of a failed cast of a Marine Bolter. It's a bit rough n' ready but it was just a test piece. I'm going to have a proper crack at it when I get around to doing my Space Wolf.

Radu Lykan

nice work!
the mob of cultists reminds me of an old project, when are you selling these?

Lord Borak

Which project was that? Selling them now-ish? I only have 5 full sets done at the moment. 2 are for Alyster Wick and I think 2 more are earmarked for other people. So I should have 1 going spare. PM me if you want some :)

Van Helser

The cultists really look the part. You've done great work on those. I hope I am still one of the lucky peeps you're selling to.

The Artemis conversion is nice too. Actually wielding a bolter in two hands like a good old tactical marine is such an effective conversion. Will he be a Deathwatch marine, or simply of your chapter?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

PM me your address and I'll send you a set. I have two spare but three people after them..... but no addresses so right now it's a case of first come first serve.

Anyway.... Cultists are done. Painting is pretty basic and slap-dash but they'll do for NPCs.

This is 'The Set' I'll put up on Ebay and the one you guys are receiving. Obviously weapons/bases don't come with.

.....and here are some that will be on their way tomorrow. Plus some Marine heads.

Inquisitor Vale

Knock me off the list -- by ''set'' I thought you meant one single figure -- if you should ever have a spare I'd buy it, but I don't need three.
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

Lord Borak

I can knock you one up. What parts did you want?

Inquisitor Vale

Cheers -- one of the unarmoured bodies (preferably the round-collared one) and arms .
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)