Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

I have a few Bisto pots ready to go ;)  Thanks for the thoughts about the sword. It's a thorn in my side at the moment so I have stalled on his painting whilst I ponder about it. i am leaning back towards the silver now though.

Right, whilst pondering about MrBlue I have gone onto MrRed. Although he probably wont be red. He'll probably end up with a black paint scheme. He's still a bit WIP so will have a few extra bits done to him before he's ready for a spray can. Anyway, enough Rambling. Say Hello to...

Menoeteus Tartarus - The Red King

It's a bit hard to see but there's a flayed face on the back of his Power Fist. I'm thinking it's going to be the previous owner of the suit of Power armour. A puritan Inquisitor who tried to stop Menoeteus from doing his work.

seaglen

Brutal!

I have a Tyrus model sitting around that I am quite fearful to use, maionly due to his bulky size. Saying that, since I used the pauldrons on the Mechanicus construct I put together, and seeing this one, he looks far less chunky without the shoulder pads...  I may have to have a play.

Loving the greenstuff work on this guy.

seaglen

Oh I forgot to ask - how did you make, or where did you acquire the stairs for the terrain??

Van Helser

The flayed face is a really great detail. He will make a great Final Boss.

The terrain is looking ace too. Details like the rivets make such a difference to the finished look of the pieces.

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

Great conversion, the face on the power fist is a very nice touch. How are you planning to doctor up the sword? Also, the helmet is simple and inspired, I may steal that.

Lord Borak

In the way of "here's one I did earlier" This is how I'm going to do the sword for the Inquisitor...

Right......... onto the next little project. Here's some WIP of my daemonhost / possessed child. This is the 'non-gribly' version. Yes, she needs feet and her legs sorting out. Picture is rubbish but I'll take a better one when she's finished.

Alyster Wick

Dear lord, she looks terrifying. I just watched The Witch last night, so children are definitely on my creepy list at the moment.

Also, that sword looks great.

Lord Borak

Children are invariably creepy........ Even the normal ones. If there is such a thing.

Quote from: seaglen on March 05, 2016, 09:06:20 AM
Oh I forgot to ask - how did you make, or where did you acquire the stairs for the terrain??

Just plasticard mate! Cut out some steps then a couple of strips to be the 'sides' and you're done. I did go a bit further and add a 'grip' to the edge of the step though. I'll paint this up in hazard stripes.

Quote from: Alyster Wick on March 05, 2016, 10:49:58 PM

Also, that sword looks great.

Cheers. Once of my converted Skull Crushers for my old WHFB Chaos armies. They're all riding the 'thing in the woods' model. I have 6....

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 05, 2016, 10:46:19 PM

lets play!

:lol:

i want a 40k-kids NPC pack now; an Inquisitor, a Mechanicus and so on...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

blacknight

Must say do like both the new models posted.  Inquisitor comes across as very don't mess with me (incidentally is his helmet based of magneto or does it just seem a bit that way from the photo).  The child is very chilling, the whole don't make any noise or you will wake the bad things up vibe.

I like the terrain as well, very clean and playable.  If you want a few ideas for industrial themed terrain bugbait (on librarium-online and terragenesis) makes a fair bit of industrial based terrain and had a few random tid bits in his blogs on how to make them unique or add extra details (one I remember was using pop buttons from clothing to make valves for pipework).  Only other comment is may print off a few posters or signs to attach to the tanks to add a bit of spot colour.  Anyway look forward to seeing/hearing how the tanks go in a game and whether they result in a spectacular explosion or not...

marc/blacknight
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.

Thantos

Very creepy! Love the sculpt ;D

Lord Borak

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 06, 2016, 12:00:13 AM

That'd really freak me out to be honest...

Blacknight. pardon me if I'm wrong but are you the same blacknight off of LO? if so, small world! I kinda remember bugbait but he's been gone from LO for an awful long time. I'll see if i can dig up some of his old threads and have a look. Cheers for the tip. I have a load of 40k posters saved already, waiting for me to finish these buildings off.

Next update.

Some pics of the WIP Inquisitor.

Looking for ideas on what colour to do the books

Here's a better pic of the little girl with her slippers on. Once she's finsihed drying I'll make a cast of her. Anyone want one?

...... Here's the Inquisitor and Daemonhost for scale purposes. On a 'normal' human her head comes to just above waist height.

Lord Borak

Burning sword is burny. Also, glow effects.

With the flash on. Colours are truer on the sword than in the others but it obliterates the highlights on everything else.

Alyster Wick

Dammit, that is an amazing paintjob. My only critique would be that his color scheme (and weapon choice, come to think of it) is very Abaddon. I mean it's literally Black Legion colors, and all the chaotic imagery makes him look very, well, chaotic (especially for a guy leading a band of redemptionists).

I wouldn't change a thing though. He's beautiful. That sword is amazing and you've done a great job with the flame effects being caste on the armor. Looking at that is making me a better painter. I'd love to see a pick of the flayed face.

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 06, 2016, 11:26:15 AM
Once she's finsihed drying I'll make a cast of her. Anyone want one?

Yes please! I'm working on casting some stuff to barter with.

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 06, 2016, 12:00:13 AM

Speaking of spooky children...

My ultimate goal is to use the various Pariah's you sent me to make a children of the Imperium set. The creepy one probably won't caste well with the narrow fingers, but we'll see what happens. I'll stop hijacking the thread now :)

blacknight

Most say that model is amasing, loving the dark and brooding vibe and though Alyster comments it does remind a bit of black legion I am sure the fact that there is something like 50 space marine chapters that wear jet black and so many other organisations within the imperium that do it is entirely justified.

Also yes I am the blacknight fro LO as well.  It has been even longer since I was on there regularly than the hiatus I took from the conclave....  Also had a look on terragenesis and the last update post I could find was like Feb 15 or something as well.....

Anyway back to inquisitor, would be interested in a spooky child cast as well for no other reason that that there is never enough.  To add to the spooky children collection I have a genestealer cult child.  Just looked at my thread and there isn't a good post of it so will look to take a picture and get it up when I get back home.

Regards

Marc/Blacknight
Well you can do what you want, the technical branch are going to stay here and keep her afloat!! - Diesel CPO Otto Fricke, U505, Nov 10 1942 - On being ordered to abandon ship.