Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

stunning paintjob on the inquisitor Borak - the OSL on the helmet is particularly good!

Aurelius

That Inquisitor is amazing. Your greenstuff work has blended perfectly. Reminds me of Kylo Ren for some reason, but the OSL is extremely well pulled off.

Not quite as convinced by the creepy child - the teddy seems a bit Malifaux to me. What if it was something a bit more in keeping with 40k, a plush-toy space marine, titan, or something like that?

Lord Borak

Cheers guys. For those who want one, PM me your address and I'll pop one in the post for you.

Blacknight.
Heh, small world then. I had noticed your lack of presence on LO. The loss of WHFB did a lot of damage to the site.

Aurelius.
True. I could swap the beat over fairly easily. However, because I intend to sell it, I went for a more generic look - For those who don't play 40k!

Right. She's finished. Paint isn't fantastic when it's made THIS BIG but she'll do.

greenstuff_gav

i forgot to ask; is hte teddy pressmoulded from something? a HF perhaps? looks terribly familiar! :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

The cheek!

It's sculpted. But I did copy a model off of hassle-free.  ;)

Alyster Wick

She is...off putting, to say the least.

How did you do the blood? I've wanted to try a technique I read about involving watering down some red paint (or GW blood effect, which I'm a big fan of), loading the paintbrush up with it, and blowing on the brush in the general direction of the mini to get a good random splatter. Your splatter looks a bit more tactically applied.

Lord Borak

The Blood is a mix of Red Ink and Brown ink (old GW) flicked onto the model. I added some larger splatters of blood by stippling it on with an old brush. Then, to make the blood look thicker/clotted I added some purple ink to the Red/Brown mix and added it to the middle of the larger splatters. I might add a bloody hand print on her dress now that I think about it.

As for the colour scheme for the Radical. Yeah, he is pretty Abaddon esq. However my Inquisitor might argue that the Emperor himself was armed with a Power Claw and a Flaming sword...... so maybe Abaddon is copying the Emperor? The colour scheme, yeah, but maybe that's a subtle hint? ;)

Radical Inquisitor is finished by the way. I'll upload some pics tomorrow once his base is dry. I'm planning on having a Mutant henceman for the 3rd member. Just some horrid scum dwelling thing with a horrid habbit of taking the faces off defeated enemies (live or dead) for trophies. The habbit is actually something he picked up from the Inquisitor (the flayed face on his power Claw).

Knobby2

Just read through from page 1 to the end, absolutely outstanding work, so many ideas formed looking at your work for inspiration

And I've just found who created the cultists I bought a few days ago (posted to Walsall) very happy with them, just so many options to arm them

Lord Borak

Wow, that's a lot of trawling! Glad you like the Cultists - You bought the last set and I'm not sure if I'm going to make more because things like the hands were an arse to cast up. I'd still like to see what you do with them though (I haven't actually seen any painted up yet!)

Ok. Here's The Red King.

..... lets not forget his little 'pet'. The creature known as Sophia

EDIT:

Here's a sneak peek of my next projects.

Fat Al - A quite horrid arms dealer. Originally intended for an NPC but might end up in The Radicals Warband. ... and no, he can't sprint. He still needs a lot of work doing to him before he's ready for the spray can.

Next up is an as yet un-named Character. He's an Ex-Enforcer Special service (he's a wanted man). Basically, next to 'Police Brutality" in the dictionary is a picture of him. He's not a nice man at all. He'll be with my Bounty Hunter/Undercover Interrogator. Who is from a loyal arbite background so there could possibly be some tension between those two! He will also have a Cyber Mastif that's been rewired to be that little more unstable and aggressive (he likes watching it rip people apart.)

He's armed with a Boltgun (with limited ammo), a Laspistol and a Revolver.

Van Helser

I really like the OSL and flayed skin on the inquisitor. The latter looks really quite... Freshly peeled.

The menace the child radiates is just great. True horror movie stuff.

The new models are looking good. That's a great build for a bolt gun. How have you don that?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Cheers mate. The Boltgun is made from a Steel Legion Heavy Bolter with nothing but the stock cut down to fit the arms. The clip is from Tyrus' Bolt pistol (a random Ebay bit) but Ork Big Shoota ones fit perfectly as well. I have a couple of spare Heavy Bolters so if you want one, or a cast of one let me know!

The Face is a bit 'warmer' than I wanted it to be. Think I should pale it up a bit?

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 12, 2016, 09:00:04 AM
The Face is a bit 'warmer' than I wanted it to be. Think I should pale it up a bit?

I think it's the eyes. I don't know whether the idea that he peeled the face off then took and mounted the eyes for good measure is hilarious or incredibly disturbing. Perhaps a bit of both?

Either way the paint jobs are top notch, really above and beyond. I have to say that you have a great and accessible painting style. Honestly, looking at this stuff is making me a better painter.

Also, the new builds look great. Excited to see how they come out.

Lord Borak

Quotegreat and accessible painting style

I'll be honest here. I have no idea what you mean by 'accessible'. I'm going to assume it's a good thing so I'll say thanks. Thanks!

Ok, well hopefully this wont disappoint! Here's the next addition to my bunch of desperado's! Hral Swynee!

I have also re-done my Interrogator. I was never happy with Covenants legs on him. They just felt 'off'' and they made him look too similar to MrBlue. So a change was had!

Here's the bunch together. The next chap will be an Ex-Guard Medic.

mcjomar

That is some fantastic painting.
Colour me jealous.

Currently working on painting some of my own, but nowhere near this quality.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

That's some lovely work!!
The gang member looks like a juve straight out of the Goliath necromunda gang! Brilliant!