Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

Glad you like him Wick. :D It's a bit late to do anything about his eye anyway so, well, tough really

Right, one project done. On to the next! This is Arch-Magos Telkrath. He's extends his 'life' by downloading his memories into another mind-wiped brain. This obviously has a toll on his mind and has pretty much left him soulless and utterly mad. His knowledge of the arcane arts keeps him in good stead with my Radical Inquisitor though and in tern my Inquisitor protects him and keeps his acts from the all seeing eye of the mechanicum

He is WIP. I need to green stuff some lenses all over the faceplate half of his head and I will green stuff some tattered robes over his body.

Thantos

"No bass guitars were harmed in the creation of this miniature." ? ;)

Love him, great conversion :D

Lord Borak

Only the silver wire is guitar wire :P

Right. Robes and lenses added.

Van Helser

That's looking ethereal and creepy. The sentinel multilaser has been put to good use. I'd be tempted to add some mysterious glowing orbs of power or a more obvious anti-grav unit/walking mechadendrites (Doc Oc style)?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

Ok, been a while since I last updated this thread. It appears I'm not the only one on the quiet front though ;)

Cheers Helser! It was you I was talking to about the old Multilaser wasn't it? I do like glowing orbs of power. The vials of chemicals will have a pretty weird glowing 'goo' in them.

Right, I finally got around to finishing the Imperial Noble and casting him up. This was the first attempt so it had a few errors in it but it'll do for me. The two others that I have cast up have come out almost perfect so I'm pretty chuffed with that! :D Hopefully I'll get around to painting him up at some point soon :D

The Navigator model is there for scale. It's probably not the best model to compare height with as he's blummin' tall!

It is very hard to take pictures of white things..........

Redsunz2000

Hi Lord Borak.

I love the resin colonel / Imperial noble. I just bought one off you on eBay (super quick next day delivery - thanks  ;D). He looks just perfect in height and well proportioned. He's come out very well moulded (no bubbles). Do you use a vacuum to mould in?

Keep up the good work! :D

PS If I can get him painted without too much delay, I'll post him up here.
Playing Gorkamorka for the laughs; Mordheim and Inquisitor for the dark and sinister.

Lord Borak

Hey man! No idea you were on here! Glad you got him safely.  ;D Looking forward to seeing him painted........... I have only sprayed mine.

No vacuum mould, I just put resin into each mould 'half' and poke the resin into all the details. Then I close the mould and pour the rest of the resin in. It works...... most of the time. I do have a few failed casts sitting about though which can go to a good home if anyone wants them. They're generally missing a few details and the cane hand is sometimes hollow.

Thantos

Lovely work!
If you want a small vacuum chamber and pump for these, i have an old one I can send you if you would do a commissioned 54mm sculpt in exchange? ;)
Would save you money with no wasted resin and longer mould-life :D Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Lord Borak

PM sent.

How do you cast yours up? You're Resin casts look fantastic. Do you send them away to get cast up or do you do it yourself?

Thantos

Thanks. We do it here, vacuum cast :) I cant take credit directly for most of the casts, the other guys do them.
We offer a moulding and resin casting service for other companies and individuals along with doing our own bits :D

Will sort with you via PM :)

greenstuff_gav

i used to do vac-casting for Spartan, can certainly recommend a chamber!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

Quote from: Lord Borak on May 22, 2016, 08:41:40 PM
Ok, been a while since I last updated this thread. It appears I'm not the only one on the quiet front though ;)

Cheers Helser! It was you I was talking to about the old Multilaser wasn't it? I do like glowing orbs of power. The vials of chemicals will have a pretty weird glowing 'goo' in them.

That's right, it was me. Good memory!

I too have been quiet on the Inquisitor front - too distracted with 6mm stuff for Horizon Wars.

The noble has turned out really well. I do like to see more relaxed, non-combat poses from time to time, and he's got a great air of authority about hime.

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

HA! I think my wife may argue that one ;)

Aye, I've been toying with some Battle fleet Gothic recently. Not really to game with, more to paint (they look cool and are easy to pant). However I have just acquired some more 54mm awesomeness so I'll be cracking on with another warband :D

Pics to follow shortly (as soon as they turn up!)

Lord Borak

HOARDS of bits! Just posting some bits I've managed to get my hands on over the last few weeks! I got a surprise present from a mate today. He found a Tau Ethereal in the loft!

There's a Marine head here (the left one) which I didn't even know existed.

KROOTSES!

..........and some sealed boxes. Already have them so....... not sure what to do with them

Lord Borak

*Blows dust off thread*

Been a while. A new Kitchen and a broken Computer does not an active hobbyist make. BUT I'M BACK!............ but not with any pictures (yet) sorry. Tomorrow, I promise.

I've been working on a lot of Battlefleet gothic at the moment (blame Radu) but I have been working on two Chaotic characters which I will take pictures of tomorrow. Before that though, does anyone know if the Andrea miniatures kusanagi http://www.andreaeurope.com/en/1/andrea-miniatures/136/dark-nova/1702/dn-04-mila-kusanagi-firereach-commando.htmlscales well with =][= models? The site says 54mm but I hear it's too big. It'd be a shame if it was.