Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

When I asked about it apparently she's less 54mm and more 75mm. (or getting on that way).
I want the sculpt also, but I don't think it will work at 54mm unless you pretend she's a female space marine experiment or something.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Bum. Oh well.

Well, as promised, some more 54mm shenanigans. The background is still pending/rough on these chaps. There's not much conversion work. The magus is just a weapon swap and the mutant is just Fabian with some shoulder pads.

I'm planning on doing a Huge mutant pit fighter cyborg as the Magisters Body Guard. The mutant above is going to be the leader of a mutant rebellion.

Radu Lykan

I like the utilitarian axe, any plans to daemonify it? I think it works as is though.
If you are after any daemonic influence then maybe the armour? I think the article on chaos marines had some funky daemonic armour rules that might be worth a look.
Looking forward to the mutants progression and "huge mutant pit fighter cyborg" sounds great

Lord Borak

I was just going to keep it simple but cover it in gore. Possibly with some blood drips for added 'eww'. Although I keep thinking about adding some Runes to it........ but the main cover was going to have hazard stripes to keep with my running theme.

Daemonic armour? That sounds cool!! And explain the screaming flesh faces on his shoulder guard. Where are the rules located?

Background is fleshing out and I'm actually thinking of tying him in to my BFG fluff. Basically he comes from a world heavily populated by slave mutants. His family, the ruling cast of the planet, is suspiciously free from all mutations however. All being tall, fit, blond, genetically pure and utterly vain and arrogant. When he was recruited into the Red Kings band he was convinced by the Red King to be possessed by a daemon to prove his mental fortitude. This of course led to his body deforming, his hair falling out and his once healthy skin turning ashen grey and sickly which pretty much broke him mentally. I'll go into more background later.

RobSkib

Awesome stuff! The Magus and Fabian models are so lovely as-is, I'm always a little sad when I see them that I never picked them up when they were available :(

What are you doing for the huge cyber mutant pit gladiator?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

I can always sort you out a set if you're desperate. Not that I'm putting salt in the wound but I had three at one point. One went to a mate to convince him to give me Scarn and the other is my 'Master' for casting. The above is the 'spare' although his right arm is actually a green stuff copy done from a press mould.

The huge Gladiator will be based on an Isenguard Troll. I think it would work quite well as a necromunda scavy. I'll obviously add loads of 40k bits, cables, chem injectors and crude bionics. I'm not sure If I want to do implant weapons yet or not. Maybe one?

Lord Borak

I've done some more work on the Magus. Not a huge amount, just the bone really and some silver work. Actually, that's it. Not really a real update on him now that I think about it. OH WELL.

TallulahBelle

looks gorgeous mate very evil, I want some of the magos bits as well he would be perfect for a demonic evil big bad I am building and I never even saw the thing for sale.

So many of the old models I really miss and can't even dream of affording them on evilbay. I'll send you a pm.

Van Helser

Nice conversion - you've got a real knack for flayed skin on your models...

Would more lurid colours for the faces on the shoulder pad be appropriate to hint at possession of the armour by warp entities?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

What colour were you thinking? I'm open to suggestions!

Right. No painting today (redoing patio!) but I did find the time to finish making this wee chappy! This is the chorno-Gladiator mutant suitably called Stuart.

RobSkib

10/10 always upvote big stompy models.

I love the plasticard work on this guy, the balance is just right on the archetypical 40k asymmetry. My only thoughts would be that his right arm looks a bit naked. Could the claw be integrated into the flesh a bit, perhaps with some guitar wire or a few stimm injectors?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

realitybytes16

Is it bad that I never even considered the idea of using LOTR and The Hobbit models in =][=? I still have a plastic balrog BNIB (part of a gift from a chap who owned a store my dad frequented - a deal with GW fell through so he gave my dad the stuff to give to me :D) which could become an interesting xenos creation - what's the stance on inventing non-canon races/creating your own depictions of little-known canon races on here?

I have The Trolls from The Hobbit too - when the first one came out I went mad for the miniatures, then wound up doing very little with them - now I don't feel much of a desire to recreate those battles or play that game at all. So maybe they'll become mutants ^^.

...Stuart is based on an LOTR troll right? It'd be very embarrassing if I was wrong about that...

TallulahBelle

The big beasties seem to work well I'm sorely tempted to use the necromancer for something that the players aren't sure of the motives of

Lord Borak

RobSkib:
Gah, I should have read this earlier. You're right. The Claw arm does need something to blend it into his body a bit more. Some guitar wire and cables would have been awesome. I have almost finished painting him now though but I shall see if I can sneak some cables on him. I plan to do his drenched in gore so I can cover up any dodgy post-painted conversion work with gore and blood splatters :D

Reality:
It is a LOTR Troll. It's the Troll from the Troll Catapult. Originally I was going to use an old Isengard Troll (who is more armoured) but could only find the gits hand :S. SO I bought this chap off ebay for less that £10. I then later found two of the same model in a case! *sigh* Oh well. There's always the possibility for more mutants or maybe even an Ork Conversion :D

I did look at the plastic Hobbit Trolls but the sculpting/detail work just seemed a bit 'lazy'. The details weren't great and certainly aren't as good as the old metal Troll I used. They'd be good for random NPC mutants though.

JediKnight:
Hmmm, that model would be great as a Daemonhost/Ghost. Actually, thinking about it. I'm sure I've seen someone convert that model to a Techpriest. The Terror of Arnor (or whatever he's called) would be a great base for a blood letter actually.

As a quick update. (No pics, yet) I had the skin done on the Troll but a little 9 Month old Terror (naming no names) decided he didn't like the paint job I had done so reduced him to his component parts and destroyed the paint job. I also managed to grab an Eversor Assassin and an Inquisitor Scarn :D WINNING  ;D I should have some pics either tonight or tomorrow.

TallulahBelle

My idea was to have him with a closed helm and a resculpted/moved set of arms looking like he is waiting for the Players warbands some shadowy contact with guile and charm offering something valuable. mayb using Sauron himself as some evil looking hulking armpured monstrosity. The same figure just in his war paint. Change the head to something less recognisable and as a suitably grimdark weapon and wafty banner and typical an awesome suggestion after iv started plotting

My less brave less impressive daemon prince to nutter of khorne with the Brass armour he wears caging him as much protecting him ah well I could always make more for the band who wish to see the corpse emperor burn. Working within the shades of gray that the lady belle occupies has pushed me to dream of ancient true evils and monsters bearing names that when voiced in our realm can tear apart it's very atmosphore and claw inside the head of millions spreading fear and faint with simply the ideaa. Working in the shades of greys has lead me searching for my black paint