Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

Sorry for the late update! Holidays and work have gotten in the way a bit. To make matters more complicated my Photobucket account seems to have locked me out........... So I've had to create another one. To start you off here's a picture of the Maul I completed weeks ago. It's painted and Banus is almost done too so you may see him in a week or two. I should also have a scenery update soon as well.

Jedi, The resin is pretty much the same as FW resin. A saw is best as clippers will shatter it.

TallulahBelle

awesome, I really like that maul I am working on one using FW brass eagles for the faces atm that will look similar.

Lord Borak

Cool. Pics or it's not true though ;)

Speaking of pics. Here's some of my completed scenery. You may recognise it as it's stuff I started AGES ago. I don't usually get the drive to do much work on scenery but after a game against Radu I've had the drive to get my board done. So here's the start. The Poster board and barrels are a new addition.

I'm planning to make a garage, an overpass and some sort of power generator. Any other ideas?

Cortez

Nice looking scenery. I especially like the posters.

mcjomar

That is some fantastic effort.  ;D
I would be extremely hyped to play on that board.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TallulahBelle

For the power generator ou could use say the engine from an ork truck hoked up to something like a bisto/cocao tin fuel tank maybe?

And is that a fable 3 poster I spy?

Lord Borak

Thanks guys. The Posters are mainly to hide the fact that everything is just spray paint, wash and drybrush ;) I do like 'em though, they give that 'lived in' feel to scenery.

There's one poster from Fable 3. However I have no idea what Fable 3 is and had to google it. Originally I just goggled 40k propaganda. Searching for Fable 3 propaganda has given me even MOAR cool posters to use so thanks for that :D

McJomar, when my board is finished you're more than welcome to pop round for a game. I only have 2 finished bits of scenery done at the moment so the board is a bit 'sparse'. I'll hopefully get some more done soon though.

A few ideas for scenery...

1] Guns WurkShack. - The 40k equivallent of GW. Same style writing etc. Possibly with a 'No Juvies or Ogryns' sign on the door ((As that's mainly who goes to GW nowadays)).

2] Convenience store. Possibly made to be the least convenient I can.

3] Simple stuff, but a store house?

4] Hospital type place. Probably just a closed building with Apothecary drawn on it in blood.

Van Helser

The posters and signs really do add a lived-in feel to the terrain.  It would be great to game on a board like that. 

I like the maul.  It looks brutal, while still having the high tech feel of an astartes weapon.

Ruaridh

TallulahBelle

The autopicker one is fable mate

As for ideas, abar, maybe an Enforcer local precint and if it's appropriate for the setting you're going hor how about some sort of pipe exit/sewer access area big hatch railings and fence maybe?

Or possibly a sort of 'hidden' or 'underground' twist pound club

Could easily do a car/truck repair place as well lots of vehicle parts from cheap toy cars and trucks cut up, fiel barrels and broken tech

seaglen

Quote1] Guns WurkShack. - The 40k equivallent of GW. Same style writing etc. Possibly with a 'No Juvies or Ogryns' sign on the door ((As that's mainly who goes to GW nowadays)).

Funnily enough, when I first started playing =I= all those years back, I made a ruined and torched-out GW store for scenery, replete with red carpet, tiny printed WD mags on the shelf, a painting table and gaming table with a few epic space marines and a rhino on it, painted in 90s ultramarine blues/reds. the "hills" on the table were made of round bases stacked and cut in half (like the old GW green tier hills)....

wonder if its still in the attic somewhere...

TallulahBelle

Id LOVE to see that!! Hell you should do an INQ board for armies on parade with it on there lol

Lord Borak

Enforcer precint may get done but it's not really the thing I'm going for. More of a slum/refinery sort of district. Maybe an abandoned part of the hive that was once a refinery (maybe still is) but has been overtaken by gangs or zombies. Or just abandoned for some reason.

I'll do the GunzWurkShack. No problem. I've ordered some vending machines and bins off ebay. Hopefully they'll be the right scale. Anyway, I'm afraid I haven't managed any serious hobby effort the last week or so but I've managed to get some fencing done. I have more to do but I ran out of barb wire so will do the rest then.

Van Helser

Nice.

Did you scratch build the door and chain?

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

The door and chain is scratch built, yeah. It's just plasticard and small chain. The padlock is just plasticard as well.

Scenery update. Some more fencing is done but I need to make two more corner sections to finish it off. I've also done/finished some water/fuel tanks. Fable 3 (thanks RB) and 40k propaganda posters liberally applied everywhere.

So, a fighting pit?

Or maybe a perimeter fence?

Water/Fuel Towers

I've also received a 1:32 truck. It appeared too small at first so I went ahead and bought (and built) a 1:24 pick up. The 1:24 is far too big to be honest so it looks like I'm going to 40k 'up' the 1:32 truck. Some additional plating, 40k lights and mesh instead of windows should blend it in enough.

TallulahBelle

Glad fable has tuned out to be helpful. As for the truck 1:32 is right for real life Bu the vehicles look too small because 40k vehicles are so much taller. Real Cara are only generally to the shoulder at most compared to a real world photo that truck is the right scale but we have expectations based on the 28mm games vehicles being MASSIVE in their height.

It looks good i hope ypur leaving the bRrelrhings that gorgeous coppery brass colour they look ominous and evil