Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

Thanks guys. More Knives eh? I'll add one on his Left hip. There's room there for something :D What sort of blade/knife do you want? I have no background for this guy yet. I know that's kinda the reverse of how we do inquisitor but sod it, I wanted a Black Legionary to lead Cults so here he is. All I have is the name........ Arkus.

RB: The blood drips are made from cutting bristles off an old brush and sticking them to the blades with Super glue. Clear fishing wire works better but mine has gone AWOL since I last used it. These were then covered in a few layers of clear nail varnish. Once that was dry and built up I covered it in a glossy red/brown wash and then deepened the red in certain areas with a Red/Brown/Purple mix of the glossy wash. I have a tutorial of it somewhere if you'd like it.

Now to see if Gav needs him for his Marine Campaign :D

Radu Lykan

I was being foolish on the more knives thing but if you can fit another one on then go for it :)
arkus knifeymcknifeson
:)

Van Helser

I reckon he serves up murder for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Looks great.  I particularly like the subtle weathering on the metal details.

Ruaridh

Lord Borak

New update. I managed to grab 5 guardsmen off ebay for (relatively) cheap! A few extras from my bitz box and they're almost ready to rock n' roll :D Not sure about a colour scheme though. Suggestions?

I don't suppose any of you chaps have the following two guard arms going spare do you? Happy to pay or swap bitz.

LordParker

I really like that Guardsman with the melta he's definitely going to be point man when moving into alleyways

I think for your colour scheme it all really depends on the guardsmens history personally when I look at these guys I think of urban warfare

Aurelius

Wowee! How did I miss all these updates?! The space marines are amazing, but the Imperial Fists one is particularly stunning. That face is extremely well painted, and the blending on the armour is superb.

Good score on the Imperial Guard squad, I am imagining these in the classic cityfight 'Vogen' scheme for some reason.

seaglen

I'm sure I have those arms - ill take a look this weekend...

as for the colour scheme - this initially sprang to my mind:

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/qbrMNj.jpg

Lord Borak

Quote from: Aurelius on February 15, 2017, 07:27:07 AM
I am imagining these in the classic cityfight 'Vogen' scheme for some reason.

Thanks man. I like that colour scheme as well so consider it chosen. A few people have suggested that from all corners of t'interweb.

Quote from: LordParker on February 13, 2017, 11:53:03 AM
I really like that Guardsman with the melta he's definitely going to be point man when moving into alleyways

No locked doors for this squad :D

Right. No real update, although there will be one soon (possibly later today). I have some of these wonderful casts of our esteemed member Thantos. :D They came out really nicely........ So nicely I might completely re-do my Cultist horde .

goodshipalbion

I bought some of those too hopefully show up today....I had no intention of doing chaos stuff but they were too nice to pass up so I've also bought an old metal space marine daemon prince....Can't wait to see what you do with them

Lord Borak

Thanks for grabbing them. I think I posted them on the day you bought them. Not sure now but I''m pretty sure I did. First class and all that.  ;)

Right. Mini update because this thread has gone too long without an update. This is my distraction from my distraction from my distraction from the project I SHOULD be doing.......... not that I can remember what that was now. Regardless. Here is the Captain of the ship Sector express Fry West and his party consisting of MORBO, an angry and violent alien bounty hunter and lastly some form of Xenos Fry picked up on his travels - Jokingly named the Hypno toad for it's ability to hypnotise potential victims.

Not sure what colour to do his trousers. Ideas?

I wanted to give Fry a 'down on his luck' look. He's a smuggler, trader and black market dealer............ who's not very good at it. So I wanted him to have a dishevelled, dirty an haggard look to him. Hence why I went with different shades of browns for his clothes and a worn appearance on his face.

mcjomar

I would go with tan, grey, blue, black, or maybe a different shade of brown.
If he's down on his luck, he probably won't be wearing anything too flashy.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

realitybytes16

Diggin' the futurama references. How's about a cameo for Zoidberg? :D

Lord Borak

I hadn't thought about doing any more members of the band in all fairness. These were just some models I picked up off ebay for cheap or ended up having spare after stealing components to finish off other models. I may add some more members and my mates were trying to get me to make a Zapp brannigan party (inc Kif). I like the idea. Zapp sounds like a great Imperial Guard commander.

realitybytes16

Quote from: Lord Borak on February 22, 2017, 10:51:31 PM
I hadn't thought about doing any more members of the band in all fairness. These were just some models I picked up off ebay for cheap or ended up having spare after stealing components to finish off other models. I may add some more members and my mates were trying to get me to make a Zapp brannigan party (inc Kif). I like the idea. Zapp sounds like a great Imperial Guard commander.

"You see, killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down." - That definitely sounds like the IG way of thinking! :D

Lord Borak

That was exactly the episode I was thinking about when I made the reference :D