Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Very nice! I'll echo the comments about your cyber-squad, the little hazard details really pop on the models. How did you paint their bases by the way? I like the dark marble/dark metal effect you've got going on.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

Hey man,

Cheers for the comments. The Bases aren't complicated at all really. Just leadbelcher and  a few HEAVY brown and black washes. I have a big pot of 'Magic-Wash' I use on pretty much every metal going (even gold). It's just Black paint, brown ink/wash and a tiny little bit of Tin bitz. Then a quick highlight of Chainmail.

*Sigh* I really need to get back on the Inquisitor bandwagon.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare Toothpick Murke? Or parts there of :/

Lord Borak

OK, so what the hell is going on with Photobucket now???? They are now charging $400 a year to host on 3rd party sites!!!! All my old pics are now gone :( 0.o
from the thread

Oh well..... Been far to long since I actually updated this thread with pictures of toy soldiers so I'll show you some of my current WIPs.

First up is the Cadian Guard squad. Luckilly some chap kindly put up LOADS of guard gear on Ebay so I grabbed enough to seriously flesh out the squad with kit and gubbinz. Plus grenades and knives for everyone!!!! I just need to get my arse into gear and finish the missile launcher chap!! Once he's done, painitng time!

I've also been working on a small squad of Catachans. I'd love to get my hands on the 5th and final model to finish off the squad but he seems to be somewhat elusive. If anyone has a spare set of Toothpick Murke legs and body I'd dearly love to hear from them!!!

gpemby

photobucket have become ridiculous. Add block checks to hide content and charges for external links! It's like they've read a book on alienating all of their core users and are implementing everything all at once!

Time to use imgur!

MarcoSkoll

That is beyond insane. If they're genuinely bringing in policies like that, I'm prepared to migrate/relink all the pictures in my modelling threads out of sheer spite.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Well that's the last straw with photobucket. I've already started using imgur as I found their site increasingly unusable.

gpemby

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on June 30, 2017, 12:32:58 PM
That is beyond insane. If they're genuinely bringing in policies like that, I'm prepared to migrate/relink all the pictures in my modelling threads out of sheer spite.

It's also damaging for the forum as a whole as almost every historical post in this section will lose it images. That's a lot of cool content just gone!

mcjomar

I can't see any of those pics due to photobucket shenanigans.
That's rather disappointing, and validates my switch to using imgur entirely by coincidence.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

*Twitch*

Those links were working this morning.... Lets try again shall we?

Cadians

Catachans

mcjomar

Ahh, that's a very nice set of guardsmen
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

I've managed to source my other Toothpick Murke model. However it comes with a bionic arm and I only want one of those in the squad!. Does anyone have the 'flesh and blood' Lasgun arm off Talon they'd be willing to swap?

cymrilian

very nice. and what is the resin weapon that the catachan captain is holding up? something new?

Lord Borak

It's a Bolt pistol I nabbed from Ebay. It came in a set with a Bolter and a laspistol. I don't think they are available anymore but Legio Destructor's the chap who designed it I think.

RobSkib

There's something very satisfying about seeing lots of 'vanilla' Inquisitor models assembled in parade like that. Reminds me to make a few models actually toting the auto-shotty, sometimes the classics are the best for a reason!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Radu Lykan

Sooooo, where's their chimera? :)
is the kneeling bloke getting a missile launcher? Will it be bazooka styled or something else? (m202 flash pretty please :) )

Will the final catachan be armed with a shotgun or something else? I don't have the murke arm so can't help there.

Any plans for more regiments? :)