Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

I won a few bids on ebay so will be able to give those guardsmen EVEN MOAR GUBBINZ!  Including a Valhallan set so will use that to make a Commissar for the Cadians :)

Radu:
I only have the two squads planned for the moment. The Cadians will be from my 40k guard Company and the Catachans will be from my other Guard army. The only other guard army own is Praetorian's and seeing as GW never made a 54mm Praetorian that's just not going to happen!!! A chimera would be AWESOME. Maybe one day. My list of projects is just ridiculous at the moment. With Inquisitor war bands and Gothic projects, I'm good till I retire to be honest.

Oh, and the last guardsmen will be the 'medic'. He'll be holding his Shotgun one handed (over his shoulder?) and in the other he'll have an Auspex. Used for scanning for bio forms and for medical use.

Robskip:
The 'Auto shotty' is my favourite weapon from the 54mm range. It's just a sexy looking weapon. Plus, there's just something cool about a guardsmen blasting a futuristic terror with a trusty shotgun! shouting "git orf moi land!"

Lord Borak

*Blows dust off thread*

Well. Been a while. Not for try really but, meh, excuses aside I've managed to actually apply paint to something!!! The meet on the 18th helped get me motivated!

No idea what's next. Maybe Inquisitor Scarn :D

JanuineVision

Lush cultists/zealots man. 

RobSkib

Those are some lovely cultists! Any idea where one might acquire some of their own?  ::)

What's the story behind this lot then? Crazy Imperial cult, or crazy Chaos cult?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

Cheers guys  ;D

Imperial? Chaos? Who knows..... That's for the trusty Inquisition to find out isn't it? ;) These guys are just really NPCs so I went for a colour scheme that could work for both Heretical and Imperial.... possibly even Genstealer Hybrid (they do love purple!).

realitybytes16

Quote from: RobSkib on November 09, 2017, 03:26:22 PM
Those are some lovely cultists! Any idea where one might acquire some of their own?  ::)

What's the story behind this lot then? Crazy Imperial cult, or crazy Chaos cult?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-Inquisitor-54mm-Cultist/302514031371?hash=item466f3dcb0b:g:FXMAAOSwbw1Z~em~
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-Inquisitor-54mm-Cultist/302514034806?hash=item466f3dd876:g:~nUAAOSwTQtZ~erf

Those appear to be the only two left right now, I believe you sculpted them yourself right Borak? Bought a set of 3 myself recently - they're very nice sculpts :).

Lord Borak

That's them. I'm getting some more hopefully. No idea when :/

Lord Borak

Well, been a while since I painted or did anything inquisitor related (shameful). That's going to change though...... kinda. I'm working on some new scenery for my board.

This is going to be a warehouse of some description (no idea on company). I'll make a racking system (or two) inside with pallets and crates on. I might even try and source a little counter balance or reach truck if I can find one at the right scale.

It's still massively WIP. I need to banding to the outside and banding at the corners (to cover the shoddy joinery!). But, hey!, the doors work so that's cool, right? :D

Chimera for scale!

Van Helser

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 04, 2018, 04:09:38 PM
Well, been a while since I painted or did anything inquisitor related (shameful). That's going to change though....

Me too, me too.

Promising start.  Nice detailing on the catwalk.

Inquisitor scale chimera for scale...?

Ruaridh

realitybytes16

Looks like an awesome start dude!

What materials are you using? Particularly for the walls?

Lord Borak

I wish I had an inquisitor Chimera for scale! Sadly not......

The main materials for the building is just hardboard. You can pick it up quick cheaply from Homebase. The one near me even has an 'off cut' freebie bin. Just odd little off cuts you can take for free, or donate to charity. Seriously though, hardboard is cheap. It does have a rough back to it so I've had to cover that up with cardboard.

Well, I have constructed the racking system and made some quick 'n' easy pallets out of Balsa wood. Copper plumbing fittings for the barrels and pipes. Now I just need to tackle the stairs (both internal and external). I'm also going to ditch the idea of the Forklift as it's not "40K enough" and go with a servitor contraption like my mechanicum robot I did ages ago.

On another note. I have started work on another marine character. For no other reason than boredom really and I wanted something 'fun' to get me back into inquisitor. (Pics tomorrow). I wanted to go with something a bit like Gav's Ultra Marine character. A marine now relegated to an ambassador after suffering severe injuries and being removed from active duty. I have no idea on Chapter or a name for him yet. the model just came together from my bitz box! Ideas for him please :D

Lord Borak

Ok, so here's the WIP of the Marine. Not sure what the hell he'll be standing on but I'll think of something. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have him holding a scroll or something like that. I still need to add cables to the bionics and green stuff the joints. I'm not sure if I will add a shoulder pad to his bionic arm - Think I should? Also not sold on his bionic forearm but I can't really think of an alternative.

Still thinking about a Chapter for him. I think I want to have him from a newly founded chapter as that gives me reasons to be off trying to make ties and allies with other Imperial forces. As you can see, he's pretty lightly armed with only a bolt pistol (HA! lightly armed!)

realitybytes16

Maybe the addition of some cabling or sculpted syth-muscle might help bulk out the forearm? I like the pose and the scroll idea, and the idea of a marine diplomat.
I do think that considering space marine physiology and the fact that even the most grievously wounded marines can be interred in Dreadnoughts makes the idea of a marine being removed from duty due to injury feel a little hinky, but that's up to you.
If it were me, I'd have the wounds that keep him out of active duty be more psychological in nature, like neural worms or something, so that he requires regular drugs to keep him from going crazy. That's just me though, you do you.
The pose and the diplomatic job make me think of Roman names mostly, but that might be too similar to the Boys in Blue for your liking.

Lord Borak

Cheers for the ideas. I've read a few Black library novels and short stories where Marines have been removed from active duty. One story was about a Marine who guarded the Chapter Cells/Dungeon - He was put there because he had both legs replaced by bionics (although now I think about it I think that was from brothers of the Snake which was awful). Another injured Marine, I think from one of the Ultra Marine novels, was given control of a recruiting centre or was helping in the training of the local Militia.......... or something.

Marines are tough, but I suppose anything that makes them 'less' of a Warrior or reduce their combat effectiveness could potentially put their brothers at risk. Bionics can only replace so much I suppose.

As for the Chapter Provenance, I have nothing against them being UltraSmurf successors. Hell, most of the Chapters out there claim to be from that old Legion and most 'new' chapters are created from them so it's most likely the case for this chap anyway.

realitybytes16

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 07, 2018, 08:04:33 PM
Marines are tough, but I suppose anything that makes them 'less' of a Warrior or reduce their combat effectiveness could potentially put their brothers at risk. Bionics can only replace so much I suppose.

In that case, go for it :).

Quote from: Lord Borak on March 07, 2018, 08:04:33 PM
As for the Chapter Provenance, I have nothing against them being UltraSmurf successors. Hell, most of the Chapters out there claim to be from that old Legion and most 'new' chapters are created from them so it's most likely the case for this chap anyway.

In that case, anything Roman or Greek sounding would work well :) suits the diplomat feel in my mind too.