Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

IGT Warband

Started by RobSkib, April 10, 2015, 04:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

*awkward cough*

So uh.. hello again. I've been on a bit of a hiatus.

I've found myself with a new job and a slew of free time, so getting a Dark Heresy campaign kicked off with some friends has fired up my passion for the modelling side of things again. One of the things I love about the two games is their inherent closeness; if you set your campaigns in the same universe you can have wonderful crossovers between characters. A sidekick or lieutenant in Inquisitor can be a quest giver, lord and master in Dark Heresy - there is a strict chain of command within an Inquisitor's cadre. Dark Heresy lets me explore the ground-pounding, evidence-finding and plot-uncovering, Inquisitor lets me explore the politicking, inter-ordos conflicting and end-of-the-world stakes.

So without further postulating, here's the first member of my IGT warband - Hecate Trellio; ex-military agitator, informant and smuggler.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

That's a lovely start, with some great use of parts from the 28mm range. My only worry (apart from where she got that haircut - wherever it is, I wish to avoid it*), is that her left forearm is perhaps a little long.
*Although I've not actually had a haircut in about six years. It was about the time of the 2009 IGT that I decided "screw it, I should have had it cut ages ago, let's find out what it looks like long".

QuoteOne of the things I love about the two games is their inherent closeness; if you set your campaigns in the same universe you can have wonderful crossovers between characters.
Yeah, it allows a wonderfully large web of characters and events if you weave the two games into each other. They're not precisely compatible rules-wise, but the concepts work brilliantly.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

Love the hair on that model mate. Those pose is awesome too but that hair. I think it needs to be some vibrant colours personally ;)

Aurelius

Wow you have really modified the look of Bella - who I personally think is already a really nice model - to make something distinctive. The hair is very well done, as are the weapons, straps, spare bullets. Super cool. Reminds me of the bounty hunter in the inquisitor book with the dreadlocks!

Van Helser

That shotty looks very nice. It's Barbaretta's cut down with a mag and strap added, yeah? I agree with Marco though that the forearm of the bionic looks too long.

I'm looking forward to the other members of this group a lot.

Ruaridh