Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Rogue Trader Crew

Started by greenstuff_gav, May 25, 2015, 10:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

here's a one-night build (well, 12 hours work) i've literally just finished.
Cliff (owner of this guy has asked for a more acceptable crew so that he can play Inq54 with us at the local club and i've just received a bag of random bits so thought i'd build him something!

i started with The Judge who was missing arms and was debating either an Inquisitor or Rogue Trader; if Cliff decides he wants an Inquisitor i can add more ][ symbols easily enough!
Slicks' head is often overlooked; very dour and a bit noble in expression, if he stays Rogue Trader he may get a fancy hat but i quite like him as is!
Covenants' bookpack had a modification incase he's a Rogue Trader; representing trades and deals done, the aquila representing his continued loyalty.
THe Judges' pocket-book had it's icon removed so that it can be his sanction (or whatever it's called!)
the judges; foot-on-box was modified with a random stealer head just to look cool; i may have to see about sculpting an upright leg conversion bit for the judge!
finally i struggled with arms; one is from the Victrix Napoleonics but didn't like having two obvious peices so bodged together a bionic.

This gave me the opportunity to make a second crew member a Tech adept!
based off a dodgy cast of Explorator Octus i reasoned perhaps the Trader had organised for a bionic replacement, the Adept seeing hte opportunity to travel with the trader, his less-than-savoury reputation allowing her access to places where the mechanicus wouldn't be welcome and providing services in exchange for trade of tekheresy for destruction; think reverse-Inara
fairly simple conversion, the mask from a Dark Eldar Talos, axe from a resin street light and some greenstuff changed the adept enough i think!

i'm leaving stats and background upto Cliff but thought i'd show off the converison work here; it's great to be working at 54mm again!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Van Helser

The trader looks like a jovial chap, regaling us with tales of his xenos-slaying. Is there a cigar between his bionic fingers? If not I think he could do with one!

The magos has a foreboding air about her that I love. You wouldn't mess with her!

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Van Helser on May 26, 2015, 10:23:15 AM
The trader looks like a jovial chap,
something that surprised me as i tried different heads for him; always ignore Slick as wasn't a fan of the miniature;i think he deserves some more attention!
there is a sliver of brass rod between the fingers; was thinking iho-stick but could be cigar, all depends on Cliffs' painting! :)

fun fact is this is a very limited run of Octus; have trouble castin the collar / shoulderpad so both will be coming off for the actual production miniature!

Build Your Imagination

Alyster Wick

Fun conversion with the Trader, but the Tech Adept is a real delight. A clearer picture of that axe would be much appreciated (I'm sure it'll be easier to see details once it's painted). She has a great casual menace about her.

Dullmohawk

They look great! I think you should refrain from putting a hat on the Trader and just let Slicks menacing gaze dominate the model.
What's the stuff he's leaning on?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

greenstuff_gav

the axe was thrown together from the bits box; not my best work but it'll look ok when painted!
i don't mind cutting corners when restricting price :)
that said, closeup:

the stuff the trader is stood on is a genestealer head :D

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

The axe looks fine to me mate. Although I must say the Close combat Mechadendrite looks a hell of a lot more scary than the axe!

Alyster Wick

The axe head looks a bit rough now but I'm sure it'll paint up well. What's going on with the little crescent moon on the bottom of the shaft? It looks great and delicate, though a tad Slaaneshi.