Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Lachesis Affair - 21st November, Dark Sphere

Started by MarcoSkoll, September 12, 2015, 02:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 17, 2015, 09:28:56 PMYou have asked me to look over something on some occasion, but I can't remember whether it was Lachesis or Eramus.
Yeah, now you've sent it through again, I can see it was Lachesis I looked at before.

I'll go over it again, as I think it wouldn't hurt if it were perhaps tweaked to a three round format - there might be a few newcomers along and Dark Sphere's opening hours are a little shorter than WHW's, so we want an easy schedule.
I think some of the ideas from the opening three rounds could probably be collapsed down into two quite well, which should give the plot a quite nice pace.

(I might also want to try out simplified versions of a couple of Legacy plot mechanics if they can be worked in).

Quote from: Lord Borak on September 17, 2015, 10:02:05 PMSo long as you don't mind an =][= Noob so to speak.
Everyone starts somewhere, and I recognise there aren't a lot of "somewheres" to start Inquisitor these days.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

for something a bit different and if a "proper" venue is overpriced or unavailable, there's a couple board game cafe's in London these days, you may be able to set up shop in one of them for the day.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on September 18, 2015, 02:31:04 AM
I'll go over it again, as I think it wouldn't hurt if it were perhaps tweaked to a three round format - there might be a few newcomers along and Dark Sphere's opening hours are a little shorter than WHW's, so we want an easy schedule.
I think some of the ideas from the opening three rounds could probably be collapsed down into two quite well, which should give the plot a quite nice pace.
i'm good at ideas, not smart enough to make 'em work or coherent :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Right, tallying numbers, other than people here, we've got a couple of people from Ammobunker interested EDIT: Correction, I missed a PM in my inbox, it might be four or five (although one says he may not have character ready to play, and may just spectate instead), two or three nibbles from the INQ28 Facebook group and might pick up a (probably 54mm) player or two from the SG FB group.

There's nothing from DakkaDakka, and I haven't bothered with Warseer as the mods over there usually seem to insist on moving such topics from the Inquisitor forum (where players might actually find it) to the Events forum (where nobody is going to be casually looking to see if there's an Inquisitor event announced).

But still, numbers (and variety) aren't looking terrible.

~~~

@Heroka: I think we'll try Dark Sphere this time around, as they seem like the best and most obvious choice from the ones I can think of, so it'd be a bit daft to not check them out while considering London events. But perhaps something to bear in mind if things go completely mammaries skyward with them!

@Gav: Well, I'm sure we can manage something between us. :P

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

More feedback needed on those dates, people!

I need at least a little more idea of whether to book the 21st, 28th or whether November as a whole is just too soon. We may not have spaces at all if we leave it too long.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

28th is no good for me. 21st would be ok I think.

Lord Borak

I'd like to go, but I hate to say Yes when I might not be able to make it. For me it's going to have to be a 'maybe'. I can 'maybe' go on any weekend.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 17, 2015, 08:24:35 PM28th'd be great for me!
Just to check Gav, is this saying you prefer the 28th, or can only do the 21st?

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

it'd be more difficult to make the 21st but can do either :)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

It's taken a little while, but I've got something of an answer back on what Dark Sphere meant by their table sizes.

"A 4x4 costs £2 per player per day, a 6x4 costs £3 per player per day."

... which is itself a bit confusing, as I'm not completely certain as to how all the "per player" stuff will play out with our potentially variable numbers of people per table (time for another e-mail, methinks) - but it sounds like the cost per person should be in about that same £2-3 vicinity if we don't overbook, which seems reasonable to me.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

if it's anything like Helix, you basically pay your £3 when you get there so if only three of us turn up it's £9 for the day
of course we may need two tables so don't know how that factors as we can't really predict tables required...

also, i'm off to Spain saturday morning; is there anything you need from me before i fly out as interwebs maybe sparse where we're staying...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 24, 2015, 10:59:09 PMof course we may need two tables
The people I've had at least a "maybe" from since we started discussing dates:

54mm:
Cortez
Greenstuff_Gav
Lord Borak (dependent on what's happening with his snotling)
MarcoSkoll (although I'll bring 28mm too)
TheNephew
VanHelser (but he's having trouble booking time off at the moment)

28mm:
linguliformean
Lysimachus
TonyofNurgle (who says he may have a couple of friends)

... then there's several (some 28mm, some 54mm) between various forums and FB who've expressed interest, but not yet confirmed either date.

I'm expecting we'll need three tables, but four isn't impossible.

As far as dates, so far, I'm thinking the 21st. It's not everyone's preferred date, but no-one has yet said they can't.

Quotealso, i'm off to Spain saturday morning; is there anything you need from me before i fly out as interwebs maybe sparse where we're staying...
At this stage, probably not. I'm handling most of the organisation, and most of the specifics of tweaking Lachesis can wait a week or three. (Although I may start putting together a player pack before then).

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i'm hoping to bring an extra player (Adrian), possibly a 28mm'er (Alhaus) and will bring my 28mm figures incase (but i prefer to play 54mm!)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I haven't checked this off with Gav, so some of the details may need to get tweaked when he's back from Spain, but here's an early draft of the player pack.

The Lachesis Affair player pack V 0.1

Remember, I'm still taking votes on whether it's happening on the 21st or 28th of November, but I will have to book soon!

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

21st is better for me as I'm on Holiday that week. The 28th is a case of 'I'm usually off weekends" so will probably make it.