Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Lachesis Affair - 21st November, Dark Sphere

Started by MarcoSkoll, September 12, 2015, 02:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

To keep you up-to-date, I sent a booking for the 21st of November earlier today (as a few people ruled out the 28th entirely).

That booking has NOT yet been confirmed - so don't book journeys just yet, I'll tell you when!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

The 21st is now booked! 1100-1800, two 6x4' tables, two 4x4' tables.

I'll update you and the top of the thread with full details later.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

We now have a Facebook event page. If I haven't already invited you, feel free to invite yourself!

https://www.facebook.com/events/891180250931911/

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

now that i'm back (and have written a whole miniatures game damnit!) do i need to do anything to the campaign?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

We need to discuss how to boil it down to three rounds rather than four (I was thinking about cutting round 2, but adapting its random event deck to be used over rounds 1 and 3), talk about what we want to do for injury/equipment over the course of the day and perhaps a few other things, but I'll throw together a PM about that.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i've got my train tickets booked; should be at Paddington about 09:35 to give me plenty of time to scout lunch locations close to Dark Sphere :)

Campaign is written, 3 out of 4 character sheets written, and crew freshly painted!

The Rogue Trader Rouge Witt and her team

looks like i'm bringing 2 players and a maybe :)

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

The event pack has been updated to V0.2 at the same link: http://mediafire.com/?7r8n7blis8uj4y6

There may be some tweaks before the proper version is released - and on that front, feedback on the between-game injury/equipment rules is welcome (as long as it's polite).
I'll trim the rules back a bit if necessary, but the intention is for The Lachesis Affair to play as if over a relatively short time span, so injuries will partially carry over between games, and any restocking of supplies will mean diverting efforts from your time-sensitive investigation.

In other news, numbers are currently looking better than I'd expected for an event that's been thrown together at short(er) notice in a new location; this is encouraging (particularly as far as the possibility of future events), but it does mean though that I may need to book an extra table, so it will be *very* helpful if any "maybes" tell me as soon as they can commit - the more notice I have if I need to adjust the booking, the better.

~~~~~

@Gav: I'd say that was a generous number of women, but the odds are I'll probably bring more than that...

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I've found all my models, part-painted a new one and started hashing out a more solid background.
Murielle .will. survive a scenario this time.

Marco - I can do a small-to-reasonable amount of B&W printing if needed. Spare character sheets or handouts or summat.
Let me know.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on November 02, 2015, 07:00:25 PMMarco - I can do a small-to-reasonable amount of B&W printing if needed. Spare character sheets or handouts or summat.
Thanks for the offer, but it shouldn't be a problem - our main printer is a heavy-duty colour laser, rehomed after its retirement from the school my brother does IT support for. It's kind of overkill for our purposes, but it's efficient.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

having received some of (marcos?) two-character-per-sheet-sheets a valid question would be if we carried spare sheets would people prefer the traditional character sheet or the slimline ones?

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Good afternoon, all. I hope this finds you all well, and ready for the meet this weekend.

There are a few things to bring up, and in no particular order:

1) The event pack has been updated to V1.0 (same link: http://mediafire.com/?7r8n7blis8uj4y6 ), but only really as a formality. The only change I can recall making is a note about transport, and I'll repeat it here for clarity: London buses have been cashless since July last year, so *you cannot buy a ticket on the bus*. You'll need an Oyster, contactless payment card, travelcard or pre-bought ticket (machines are at most major stops, I believe).

2) *Please* bring sensible change if you can, because I don't fancy trying to deal with trying to make change if everyone's trying to chip in to the table booking using £20 notes.

3) I plan to arrive some time before Dark Sphere opens, so there'll probably be an opportunity to chat before the event. There's no particular plans for after the event, but I guess we'll wing that dependent on demand.

4) If you think you may need or want to contact me on the morning of the event, PM me for a number. My phone is just a phone, I won't be able to respond to internet messages after I leave the house.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

In case you're not following my notes on the FB event page, please bear in mind that Saturday morning's weather forecast is showing strong wind gusts, a sharp decline in temperature and heavy rain.

So, remember a warm coat, take care when travelling and, if possible and/or necessary, allow yourself extra time when you're making your way to Dark Sphere!

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Facility S4d-5 survived, in a sense. Few of its original personnel were alive and fewer of them were pure or sane, but the main threat had been dealt with.
The nameless plague daemon that had tainted the lower atrium had been brought low by an aged Sister Hospitallier, its infected hordes had been purged, and the blade within which it had infiltrated the facility had been sealed in stasis.

Even Inquisitor Ryk's attempt to sabotage the facility's primary reactor and consume the daemonic corruption in nuclear fire had been delayed for long enough to allow word of successful purges on the other levels to stay his hand - at least for now.

There were set-backs, of course. The blade had not been contained alone - an unfortunate soul had also been trapped outside of time, doomed to hear the whispers of a daemon for an instant and an eternity. Purgation team X-7 would eventually break the stasis as they transferred the blade to the immolation casket in which it was eventually destroyed, though none could agree on what the cost had been to his sanity.

The facility itself would never quite regain its full potential, given that it found itself under considerably greater Inquisition scrutiny.

Many of the replacement personnel that were supplied to the facility (all of them intentionally kept ignorant of what had happened to their predecessors) would in coming years log foul smells, contaminated samples and an elevated rate of illness throughout the facility, although would ascribe it to the hostile environment of Lachesis IV.

But nonetheless, the events that would in the halls of the Inquisition become known as "The Lachesis Affair" were generally considered a victory for the Imperium, quietly forgetting that some questions had been left unanswered...

~~~~~

Well, firstly, a belated thank you to everyone who attended! There weren't quite as many of you as I had hoped for, but nonetheless I believe you all helped make it a successful event.

Several points I would like to bring up specifically:

- Good to see a number of faces I haven't seen before.

- Although our 28mm attendance was low, I did end up talking about INQ28 with some of the other people who were at Dark Sphere (most of them there for a Malifaux event), which I'm glad to see is a side effect of putting 54mm scale (which is distinctive) alongside 28mm scale (which is more accessible).

- Two thumbs up for Dark Sphere as a venue:
> £2/£3 to hire 4'x4'/6'x4' tables for the day, with a good terrain selection (and they managed to find stuff for the 54mm tables just fine). Just would have preferred a slightly less cryptic communication than I got regarding the pricing!
> Very accessible, given London's extensive public transport system (There's Lambeth North tube station and about ten bus routes within a quarter of a mile).
> Lots of different products on the shelves, with discounts on RRP. I didn't have a huge heap of time to browse, having been running the event, but you could certainly pick up a lot of new ideas and models there.

I think on that one it's not a question of if we go again, but when.

~~~~~

And the full Lachesis Affair pack is now available for people to peruse, including the scenarios and evidence cards:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0r2sohn6g55vs0y/The+Lachesis+Affair.zip

GW's =I= articles