Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Lachesis Affair - 21st November, Dark Sphere

Started by MarcoSkoll, September 12, 2015, 02:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

The Lachesis Affair

The Lachesis Affair is a one day Inquisitor event at Dark Sphere (London, SE1 7LD, easily accessible from Waterloo or Lambeth North) to be run on 21st November 2015, and is open to both 28mm and 54mm scale players. Players will spend the day investigating Facility S4d-5, a weapons research facility on Lachesis IV which has gone suddenly and eerily silent.

Event Pack V0.2

(If there are any non-forum members checking out this thread, feel free to contact me on the e-mail in the event pack if you're interested in joining us).

~~~~~

Original Post:

Dragging this over here from the "Where the frak are you from?" thread.

It seems we've got a few active members in and around the capital (I myself am about 40 minutes train ride out of Euston), so there's the possibility of having a modest meet somewhere in London.
I also know there are quite a few Ammobunker members near London too, so it's possible a few of them could be enticed along as well.

There's a reasonable selection of wargaming venues in London (including big places like Dark Sphere), so it shouldn't be too difficult to find somewhere to play.
Some of them may charge a small levy for using their tables, but I doubt that's going to be a major investment.

As far as what the event is, I can't personally commit to writing and running a narrative event (or, at least, shouldn't - given I've already ladled Legacy onto my plate), although I'm open to such a possibility (and even GMing a round or two) if someone else wrote and oversaw it.

It is possible that the day could be used in a more free-form fashion though, with players and GMs arranging games and narratives in advance (one of the various event ideas we've not yet run), and I could probably find the time to write a scenario or two within that.

... and I'm thinking perhaps sometime in November or early December? (Given that Legacy is nigh certainly going to be next year, now I look at how much I want to get done).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Registering my interest in this thread too.

The last IGT was a bunch of non-narrative scenarios - we could do the same again.

MarcoSkoll

Preliminary inquiries have pulled up a couple of potential players from Facebook groups, and maybe some interest in spectating too.

I may inquire more widely on other forums and groups in the next couple of days.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

As I can fly to Gatwick or Luton from Inverness, and have one of my best friends living in Camberwell, London gaming is probably easier than Nottingham gaming for me. I'm in.

Ruaridh

Cortez

I can probably make it down to London and stay with my brother. So count me in too.

greenstuff_gav

i can train it from Bath straight to paddington and have Lachesis Affair that can be printed'n'played
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Well, that all starts to sound reasonably promising then.

If no-one has any objections, Dark Sphere seems like a fair place to start our inquiries about a venue - it's well connected and I've heard generally good things about them, so I'll throw out an e-mail later to see what the deal may or may not be with booking some tables.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

An important question (with a different venue) that comes to mind is: How much terrain will we have available? Will we need to bring/make (in my case paint) our own terrain or will there be stuff we can use?

BeardMonk

I would be very interested in this.  Not actually played INQ in ages, will have to touch up the character sheets etc.  But colour me interested. 
Life is short, but the doom is long

MarcoSkoll

Sorry, I've been dawdling a bit - I've only just got around to sending an inquiry to Dark Sphere. Still, hopefully we'll hear back in the next few days to see if they'll have us.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I did however get a response in minutes...

~~~~~

Dates available:
The Saturdays they've currently got space for available for are the 21st and 28th November.
Sundays are available 15th, 22nd and 29th of November, and 6th and 13th of December.

They're expecting these dates to fill up fast with FFG events though. (I suspect X-Wing will be going crazy in the next few months).

Opening hours:
11-6 on Saturday, 12-5 on Sunday. Anything longer than that confers an additional charge.

I think the Sunday hours are probably too tight to really get a proper event, so I think that will limit us to our Saturday options. This means only a little over two months notice, but hopefully that's enough for most people.

Cost:
To quote directly, "A table of 2'x4' costs £4 to rent for the day".

As 2'x4' is not a particularly standard table size, I've sent a reply asking whether this was a mistake or they mean to suggest that the tables are rented "by the foot". They may mean 12' x 4' (with the expectation many events would split this down into two 6'x4' tables), in which case we probably need only one or two (depending on numbers).

Terrain:
They say have terrain available for most gaming systems, and specifically think they have stuff that's suitable for large models, so I think we'll be good.

~~~~~

So, answers on a postcard people...

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

28th'd be great for me!

cost, even if it's £8 to get a 4x4 for a day that's not too bad; couplea quid each?
Marco, did i ask you to look over Lachesis already? i don't know if anyone else'd stepped forward with options
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TheNephew

I'll tentatively say either works for me, but there're a few things I know will be happening in November, so I reserve the right to flake shamelessly nearer the time.
Should be there though.
I'll know more nearer the time.

£8 is chips, absolutely fine by me.
The non-set piece tables at IGT were 4'x4', right?
More than enough space for a game.
If we did get 12', you could probably squeeze three in if we end up with a big turnout.

Terrain-wise, it'd be really cool to get some more vertical stuff in.
The tables at WW are great, but the 28mm size usually means the buildings don't often have usefully sized second or third storeys - room for half a squad is barely room for two Inquisitor characters.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 17, 2015, 08:24:35 PMcost, even if it's £8 to get a 4x4 for a day that's not too bad; couplea quid each?
Far from terrible, particularly as our three/four people to a table approach means we're splitting it more ways than most events would! I suspect they'll get back to me early tomorrow, and we should know then exactly what they mean.

QuoteMarco, did i ask you to look over Lachesis already? i don't know if anyone else'd stepped forward with options
You have asked me to look over something on some occasion, but I can't remember whether it was Lachesis or Eramus. I'm happy to look over it (again, if that's the case) and help tweak/expand it if needed.

I'll help, I just don't want to have to do the whole thing myself!

Quote from: TheNephew on September 17, 2015, 08:51:35 PMThe non-set piece tables at IGT were 4'x4', right?
Most WHW tables are 6'x4', but we often don't use all of that. The set piece tables are often 8'x6', but a couple are 12'x6'.

QuoteTerrain-wise, it'd be really cool to get some more vertical stuff in.
Hopefully! I don't know exactly what's going to be available, but it sounds like we'll have some choice.

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

£8 between multiples is practically free. So that's fine with me. So long as you don't mind an =][= Noob so to speak.

I'd say any weekend is fine but I can't commit to anything with a bub on the way. Although that does mean I need to get painting!