Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Shadows over Ultramar - Miniatures

Started by Torben Kastbjerg, October 02, 2009, 02:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torben Kastbjerg

Being a new member and all (and having introduced myself already) I figured it was a good idea to show what I'm working on for my INQ28 campaign. Basically, the campaign is in and around Ultramar, with very little to none actual Inquisition involvement (yet, hehe ;)) and revolves around four factions, each controlled by players in the campaign.

Thus, I've finished off two models as presented in the following.

Charter House Moristan - Astronuntiae Captain Sigiswald Jamaar

So here's one of the first actual characters for the campaign. The Charter House Moristan is a grand house of the only shippingfirm in the whole of Ultramar (thanks to a prominent Charter granted to the family by none other than Marneus Calgar in days of yore); and they're definately intent on keeping it that way.

I went for the look of an organisation posing more wealth than they actually have; thus he has a rather shoddy pelt from some strange and rare beast, stitched together and barely held in place. As well as his rather overall patchy appearence.

Ultramar Enforcers - Trooper (Goon)

And this is basically a goon for the Ultramar Enforcers that I made as a bit of test. I think he works, and apart from basing he needs some transfer sheeting goodness on that large suppression shield of his to show his allegiance (i.e. a big ol' U for Ultramar).

Coming up...
Apart from these two, there's a good dozen of figures lined up. Cap'n Sigiswald has a whole crew of space dogs at hand (bit of an 'away' party actually) and I'm working on more characters for the Enforcers. The remaining two factions are the Nobilis Equillibrium; a gathering of Nobels who are looking to boot the Ultramarines of their 'rightful' throne and let the Nobels (themselves) run the show, as well as the Covenant of the Allfather; your average Chaos cult, up to absolutely no good.

So, well, that's it for now, cheers :)

Molotov

Very nice models. When you get a few more together I'd love to feature you on the INQ28 blog!

In the meantime, what are the bits you've used for the Enforcer? I like him a great deal.
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Molotov on October 02, 2009, 07:19:29 AM
Very nice models. When you get a few more together I'd love to feature you on the INQ28 blog!

In the meantime, what are the bits you've used for the Enforcer? I like him a great deal.

I reckon that's one of the old classic Void (now Urban War) game Junkers being used for the head and arms.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Torben Kastbjerg

Thanks! :)
Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 02, 2009, 02:25:01 PM
I reckon that's one of the old classic Void (now Urban War) game Junkers being used for the head and arms.

Very close; It's a "kit-bash" of the VOID plastics really. The shoulderpads are from the Interdict Marine plastics (available here) with a plastic Junker helmet, arms, backpack, shotgun and shield (available here). I've put together two, and I'm currently looking at how to make a sergeant for these goons - scrounging for a good power-maul of sorts.

Quote from: Molotov on October 02, 2009, 07:19:29 AM

Well, I'd be honoured! Seeing as your blog was one of the major inspirations for this campaign :)

I'm just about to put the finishing touches on the rest of the Astronuntiae's Shipmates/Away Party and will update in a couple of hours. Stay tuned :)

Torben Kastbjerg

As promised, here then is the entire crew of Astronuntiae Captain Sigiswald Jamaar

Highlights include:

First Mate Andrenius Pontoni; native of Maccragge (and no, he isn't ambidextreous; he just likes to pose with his guns ;))

Bosun Pete; with his trusty breech-cutter "Mathilda" (I'm figuring it's some kind of Meltaweapon; completely unwieldy, huge reload time but with a lot of damage potential)

Second Mate Wilhelm Kerantan, the silent man who with the stern look of his face has quelled countless mutinies... although being backed up by the Heavy Stubber he's wielding.

The heavy stubber was made following this guide. I really like the look and recommend other INQ28's to take alook at his weapon conversions; they're rather clever IMO.

So, that sums it up for the first player faction. Now to start converting some more... I'm guessing the cultists are up next :)

Hadriel Caine

nice work, very original conversions and good. cohesive paint jobs.
Had a look earlier and was looking forward to the painted update. Campaign sounds like fun too!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Simeon Blackstar

I love all of these; they're really characterful.  I was thinking about getting some Imperial Guard anyway, so I might have a go at making a small-scale warband myself.  Pocket Inquisitor, for games that can be played on the top of an A4 folder!  ;D

Discy

How about Handheld Inquisitor, with a tiny hand-held board and Epic-scale figures? :)
Beep if you love muties!

Torben Kastbjerg

Pocket-Inquisitor?  :o I think that might be stretching the "travelgame" idea a bit ;)

But cheers all! I'm glad there's some love left for INQ28 (although, I am getting envious on all those 54mm figures going 'round!).

I'm still waiting for some bits before I start out on making those cultists; in the meantime however I had my first hand at sculpting, ever, and I wanted to share it with the lot of you :)

Very much work in progress, but here he is, the unnamed Tech-priest which will become a centerpoint during the campaign (something about him having been part of the Legio Cybernetica at some point...)

EDIT:

Finished him off totally; just waiting for the Greenstuff to dry completely before I'll undercoat him:

Molotov

Very nice use of bits. I might well make a conversion based on your tech-priest at some time! I'm gld you've found the blog useful, and this cross-pollenation of ideas is something invaluable. Showing that INQ28 can be just as vibrant and interesting as its big brother is something I consider vital!

Looking forward to your continued progress. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Torben Kastbjerg on October 02, 2009, 02:29:42 AMNobilis Equillibrium; a gathering of Nobels who are looking to boot the Ultramarines of their 'rightful' throne and let the Nobels (themselves) run the show
Would these plans involve dynamite, by any chance? Or perhaps they were looking to use their statuses instead?

This post brought to you by Using Your Misspells For A Cheap Joke Incorporated.

... And now I must go, there's another travelling make-up salesman and his nemesis I need to deal with.

~~~~~

I have to say, I love the Enforcer. Seriously tempted to look at a way of doing a 54mm version, although probably not blue.

This is Inq28 I can agree with - well converted and unique models that don't look like direct ports from a 40k army.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Torben Kastbjerg

Thanks all! :)

@MarcoSkoll:

Well, aheh, I was of course referring to their rank and not any direct heritage to Albert Nobel himself (although, that would be an interesting setup ;)). But then again, english is a second language to me, and the occasional slip-up will occur :\

@Topic:

And here he is; Techpriest Nicola Gorem of Konor

With some detailing:

... Next up, a rengade psyker in the employ of the Slaneeshi cult... ;)

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Torben Kastbjerg on October 04, 2009, 10:55:28 PMBut then again, english is a second language to me, and the occasional slip-up will occur
Then don't let my silliness get to you. Your posts far exceed the quality of a lot of the appalling writing some people who are supposed to be native speakers try to present as acceptable on the internet.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Tullio

And how! Seriously liking that Tech-Priest, it's such an obvious choice to use Flagellant parts now I've seen it seen it in the plastic

Tullio

Hadriel Caine

that paint job is excellent, as is the conversion. nice and clean with an imaginative use of parts.

I think you should do something more exciting with his base than just sand though... :D

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'