Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Weapons

Started by Mike Blake, September 19, 2015, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpemby

My 3D prints are in!

Just got to get them home and check the scale and how they match up!

realitybytes16

Ooh! Very nice!

Keep us posted on when we can get hold of a set of these! :D

TheNephew

Those look absolutely great.
Hope they scale nicely.

Really dig the scoped sniper rifle witht he vented barrel.

gpemby

Scale looks good for most! C&C?

Thantos

Looks great :D Although shapeways "frosted" (objet 30 pro vero clear)  is a pain to make moulds from with it's frosted surface texture. Really reduces mouldlife when casting. You will want to give them a solid coat of primer before mouldmaking to help with this.

Or next time send them this way and will do some higher resolution prints for you, free if you send a few casts :D like we did with Legio Destructor's guns :)

gpemby

Quote from: Thantos on June 22, 2017, 09:51:25 AM
Looks great :D Although shapeways "frosted" (objet 30 pro vero clear)  is a pain to make moulds from with it's frosted surface texture. Really reduces mouldlife when casting. You will want to give them a solid coat of primer before mouldmaking to help with this.

Or next time send them this way and will do some higher resolution prints for you, free if you send a few casts :D like we did with Legio Destructor's guns :)

Now this is where my inexperience with 3D printing will show, I did not make these guns, I used shapeways to find an artist who had done all the work already in 28mm and then sweet talked him into up scaling them in 54mm. Discussions are ongoing about how he wants to manage (he is doing some re-sizing so they scale even better!) these but I never expected to get the 3D models as I didn't pay him on commission to make them. I have a few future 54mm things that are on commission that I will own though.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Thantos on June 22, 2017, 09:51:25 AMOr next time send them this way and will do some higher resolution prints for you, free if you send a few casts :D like we did with Legio Destructor's guns :)
It occurs to me that I actually have a heap of weapon meshes ripped from the various WH40K computer games. While they'd need some refinement for printing (computer game models rely more on texturing and shading than actual mesh detail), I should consider taking a look at those.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Radu Lykan

Yep, you probably should :)
I like that the 54mm arsenal is increasing all of a sudden

mcjomar

Ditto.
I have a love of plasma, and a sudden and fortuitous looking potential source thereof.
;D
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

RobSkib

Hey, so I've fallen in love.

What do we need to go about doing to get hold of some of these? I'd be looking to pick up two or three sets at least, maybe putting money down for any future 54mm stuff you do. I have access to a couple of 3d printers (and the requisite nerds to operate them) if that helps?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

gpemby

The 54mm weapons set that I posted is available direct from the designer on shapeways here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/2E2LD2S2B/54mm-dark-future-weapons

DO NOT pay for postage as there is always a offer code to get free postage! Currently SHOPSHIPJUNE17 will give you free postage and this code pretty much stays the same for every month of the year!

I will obv keep you all posted and updated about other items as they are finished and available!

RobSkib

Fab, thanks! I'm putting in order today, I look forward to seeing how they scale up on some of my projects :)

Do you have plans to do more?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

gpemby

Quote from: RobSkib on June 26, 2017, 11:15:50 AM
Fab, thanks! I'm putting in order today, I look forward to seeing how they scale up on some of my projects :)

Do you have plans to do more?

Yep, more are coming! There should be a scout style shotgun (same as the metal one but just more easily available), Armageddon style autogun and hotshot lasgun (stormtrooper style) coming next then a few more bit further down the line

Lord Borak

AWESOME! I'll have to grab some of those. Maybe a couple of sets :D

You/he has done a Boltgun/Boltpistol/Laspistol set before. Any plans to re-do that?