Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Restore 54: Covenant

Started by greenstuff_gav, September 19, 2015, 09:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

wotcha!
i've been a bit busy with painting commissions as of late but i've managed to find time to throw some silicone / resin about, choosing possibly my favourite miniature, Inquisitor Covenant

as previously noted i'm drop casting and without a vacuum chamber / pressure pot which limits what i'm able to do so tried to make his moulds accordingly.
here's the results of half the moulds; i didn't make the air channels large enough for hte arms and we can see why things like backpack straps need to be metal!

While i collate originals (i'm close to the range!) i'm gonna go back to the drawing board; there's a few tricks i can try but i think a chamber is the way to go!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Regardless of the errors, it's looking pretty awesome. I might have to try my hand at this when i get back on the sculpting band wagon again.

Are you making these to sell? OR to just replicate the bits for conversions? Are you allowed to cast up GW pieces?

greenstuff_gav

personal project; i'd never sell copyrighted GW miniatures, even if they're out of production and GW don't care about 54mm ;)

i'd like to make conversion kits for all the miniatures that never had 'em as well as have nicely painted stock models :)

Build Your Imagination

Lord Borak

Well, regardless, I might take a few spare bits and weapons in exchange for something.  ;)

How do you go about casting stuff up? What do you use as mould and resin? I'm thinking of making some Zombies and generic robed characters for NPC's. It'd be a hell of a lot easier if I could mass produce the main parts like arms, bodies and legs.

greenstuff_gav

i use this silicone and this resin.. i can give some help regarding castings; afterall more available 54mm stuff is always a great thing!

Build Your Imagination