Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Events in 2016 (Latest news: IRE playtest day?)

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 30, 2015, 03:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holiad

Apologies for the late notice, I've just learned that the 2nd of April would clash with RSPB members weekend, so I won't be able to make that date.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Cortez

Is the 9th April ok for you Holiad? How about everybody else?

MarcoSkoll

I believe I'm free on the 9th, yes.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Holiad

9th shouldn't be a problem for me, although I may still be grumbling about the RSPB changing the entire schedule of Member's Weekend in a misguided effort to be cool.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

MarcoSkoll

To poke this along, WHW are taking bookings for April now. Did we have anyone who couldn't do the 9th?

Just as a reminder when the booking is going in, it needs to be clear we need a full day session, not the standard half days they do these days.
(That shouldn't be a problem though. From what I can tell, it's just done that way to stop people booking up an entire day when they're only going to play one game. Unoccupied tables are a bigger deal now their gaming area has shrunk).

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

I've got it in the diary!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Lord Borak

Ditto, I'll have to clear it with the Mrs first though!!

MarcoSkoll

If it's easier for you Cortez, I'm happy to handle the table booking. I'm just not looking to run the whole thing. (However, I can certainly send over any behind-the-scenes files like the scorecard printouts if you tell me where you want them).

As an aside, what about a feature table? We've used Spyral Prime and Zone Mortalis before (and I know I've used Vigos Research Station at an Ammobunker event).

I'd add they have their new Ruins of Dras'Shiel table for AoS. It's an outside bet, but I could see it as being the dilapidated grounds of a fallen noble's palace, or maybe an upper hive arboretum where the spire dwellers can go to get a hazy (but nonetheless very expensive) view of the stars through vast viewing windows and the thinnest layers of smog.

(Actually, I'd love to play Inquisitor on their Goblin Town board, but I don't think that's available at the moment).

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Knowing myself all to well, it would definitely be better for you to book the tables as I'll forget or do it tomorrow (and as we all know tomorrow never comes). As for the feature tables, Spyral Prime is always useful for inquisitor as is zone mortalis, so pick one if you fancy (even if just for half a day, although we should be able to use it each round with the tournament format. I'll pm you my E-mail address for all the printouts etc.

MarcoSkoll

Fine by me. I'll try to contact them tomorrow (Monday) and get a booking for April 9th. I know that doesn't give people much remaining time to object but no-one has yet and I think everyone so far has either confirmed or hopes they can be there then.

Cortez
Greenstuff_Gav
Holiad
Lord Borak
MarcoSkoll
Mike Blake
RobSkib (with a goon or two)
Van Helser

... that's eight plus any goons, and with the possible hope we might get a few more*, so I'd say that means probably three regular and a feature table (I'll see what they've still got available, and make a reasoned decision).

* I know Kaled would like to make it to at least one event this year and there's maybe a couple guys on Facebook that might take the bait.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

my regular pair (Steve and Adrian) can't do 9th but i'll be good for it
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Right, I rang them ten minutes ago and our booking has gone in. (We'll see how my name gets spelt this time).

Three standard tables and, as Spyral Prime was already booked, I chose Zone Mortalis (woo, scary catacombs!) as the feature table.
All day from 1000, Saturday 9th of April.

Once we've sorted out a few more specifics (my current assumptions as far as player/table numbers assumed it'll just be 54mm, but do correct me) and if there are no objections, I'll set up a Facebook event page and try to coax a couple of the guys I know are over there out.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

did the Zone Mortalis board have walls? i rememberthe Wraithguard scenario didn't...
if there's walls i'd be interested in it for my scenario :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Zone Mortalis D-16 West:

It's a 6x4 board, made up out of the 1' square FW tiles, each of which can be swapped around or rotated to your heart's content.

So it has many walls. Not so many doors, so I think you'll have to bring some if you want them, but it makes for a nice maze. (To be honest, it seems to suit Inquisitor far better than it does 40k!)

EDIT: Something I forgot to add earlier. We got the standard "That many people going for lunch will probably get staggered meals" warning. With that in mind, I'd resuggest the compromise about slightly shorter game rounds than last year so as to have more time for scoring and eating.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

This is very tentative, but would anyone be able to make it to Hemel Hempstead (in Hertfordshire) for Saturday 23rd April?

I'm currently trying to see if I can drum up any interest in Inquisitor with my local gaming group, and depending on what response I get, I might look into running something for their next open-gaming day.

I'm expecting it's too close on the tail of the IGT and Salute to be viable for most people, and it may not happen anyway, but I thought I'd at least ask.

GW's =I= articles