Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New Player Survey

Started by Alyster Wick, December 02, 2015, 04:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

So hopefully this goes well, but I'm starting up a for-real campaign with two folks who are (mostly) new to the 40K universe. I've run into issues in the past getting new people into the game universe from a cold start, so I'm taking a different approach. I whipped up this quick little survey here (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JQd8dLKNkNq_UnwBlGbpwV-EEEWdbeysY6DvjcJIEdI/viewform) and I'll use this to collaboratively create characters with the new players.

This should help us get on the same page faster. As a GM I think I'll still have to ease people into a 40K frame of mind, but this is a lot better than having someone stare blank faced as me, asking, "what the hell is a throne gelt?" in the middle of a game.

Anyway, I'll report back on how it works, success or failure. Feel free to riff off this survey and make your own if you find any bits useful!

Raghnall

I've just had a quick look, but that seems great. My friends are already reasonably familiar with 40k, but i'm still likely to steal it. If nothing else, some broad brushstrokes can help start off a character to be developed later through play, and I think that's probably the best way to approach it with new players. Especially if there are already a few experienced players, then it shouldn't be as frustrating easing them in to things if they already have some vague idea about their character and role. Thanks for posting it.

Van Helser

Trying to root out the real heretics with that last question ay?

This could be a helpful tool for a brand new group of players. Thanks for sharing.

Ruaridh