Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Introducing myself

Started by Subtle Symptom, December 18, 2015, 03:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Symptom

Hello all,

Brand new inquisitor player here. I'm someone whose interest in miniatures and gaming is just coming out of very deep freeze. I was deeply immersed in all things WH40K as a kid, broke out of it, and went for a decade without hobbies ... recently, in my old age, I've been tinkering with model trains in a small way, which lead to tinkering with 15mm historical miniatures, which led to wondering what was going on in the 40k world.

My one gaming pal and I have been delving into Necromunda and Inquisitor, games we knew existed but never got round to playing back in the day. Inquisitor seems to me to be where everything good about 40k ended up, plus it's all built around story-telling and conversion which pal and I are into. 

I've got various projects lined up most all of which involve simple conversions to 54mm historical miniatures and then writing stories around whatever the result of that is. I've also got some rules queries - quite a few - which I might be running by you lot, either in a thread in the rules section, or if there's already a running thread for rules queries I'll go there.

Cheers!

Lord Borak

Hey man welcome to the Forum. It's always nice to have new members! I've recently got back in to Inquisitor myself. Well, I've had one game so far so it's not like I'm 'back in to it' but I'm having fun building and converting 54mm stuff!!

Well, a lot has changed in a decade mate. You have an awful lot to catch up on!

There is a rules section here so I'd probably keep any rules questions to that part of the Forum. As for modelling projects, keep that to the painting/modelling section and post up some pics! :D

MarcoSkoll

> LOAD BIGYELLOWWELCOME.lst
>> Loading...
>> BIGYELLOWWELCOME.lst loaded
> RUN BIGYELLOWWELCOME.lst
>>Confirm Y/N?
> Y

Welcome to the Conclave!

Hey! Good to see a new face around here. Feel free to throw a heretic on the fire, ask whatever questions you might have (as Borak suggests, check out the rules section) and show off your modelling endeavours.

If you're based around the UK, you may also be interested to know that we run occasional events (usually in either Nottingham or London), open to all.  There aren't any dates set just yet, as we're still planning out next year, but we should start knowing some time soon.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Subtle Symptom

Thanks chaps. Pal and I are certainly interested in finding opponents other than ourselves so we will see about getting to the events.