Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First character (unguided, no malice (not deliberately op)). Criticism Sought.

Started by Inquisitor Vale, December 26, 2015, 05:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Vale

Many grateful thanks for your help -- all of you. I looked up the names of swords a while ago and yes, they botched it! I shall attempt to answer the fluff questions in the morning and study the RIA. This is a very minor update.

QuoteBrother Sabas of the Golden Throne (Golesh Kalaman)

Brother Sabas is a quiet, taciturn, morose-seeming man. He was born in 915.M41, the second son of a hereditary lay-sacristan on the Shrine-World of Ultima Andreae. He lost his parents to cardiac consumption in 925.M41 and was inducted into the Schola Progenium. His sturdy piety and considerable strength were both obvious and he seemed a natural warrior.

In 931.M41 he declined, almost uniquely to my knowledge, the headmaster's desire to dismiss him to be trained as a storm-trooper. When ordered to explain, he said that he could not keep up the life of prayer he had been used to, both at home and in the Schola, on the field and feared that he should be corrupted by the loose examples he might meet. Faced with such humble honesty, the headmaster , after the flogging required by the rule, told him that it would not be counted a dishonour to choose a state of greater perfection. He ordered him to enter the Crusader House on the planet, a small filiation of the Sons of the Apocalypse.

This little I was told by the Master of the Schola when I came to the small Inquisitorial fortress on Ultima Andreae for the first time  in 943.M41, having lost an eye and been badly tried by the Cult of the Marble God. My intention was to spend the remainder of the year in retreat. Though I recovered well, I knew I was failing and badly felt the need of a guard who could accompany me at all times, so I applied to the crusader house. Brother Sabas, having spent twelve years in silence, prayer and practice, was chosen to accompany me.

He has been at my side for seventy-one years, silent, devout and dependable. His regularity and piety are humbling, a warrior-saint of the Crusade walking again in our times,  almost reminding me of a lesser version of the god-warriors of the Astartes. He talks little still, even to me, loyal to his vows of forgetting all but the glory of the Emperor and His Inquisition,  but I value his silent prayers and steady hand more than any familiarities.

WS  BS  St  T    I     Wp  Sg  Nv  Ld
72   62 75  64  66   60   53  72   68

Augmentation
One average bionic eye [possibly to be removed to avoid too many bionic eyes].

Wargear
1x Close-Combat Servo-Skull
1x Medicae Servo-Skull

Weapons
Crusader's Sword
Reach: 3, Damage: 3D10+2, Parry Penalty -20
The Crusader's Sword is a two-handed power weapon.
Duelling pistol
MIU Laspistol
Short sword.
2 Krak grenades.

Armour
Carapace armour on chest.
Robes on head, arms, groin and legs.

Special Rules

''Crusader's Vow''
Many Crusaders are sworn to the protection of a particular Inquisitor. He may take an Initiative test to dive to intercept any attack made on his master provided he is within six yards of him. The margin by which the Initiative test is passed is applied as a modifier to the assailant's hit roll. Should the assailant then fail to hit his target on account of this modifier (i.e. one makes the unmodified hit roll, then subtracts the modifier and sees if it is a fail) then he suffers the shot or wound.

Feint
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

Alyster Wick

He looks great! The rules seem to flow nicely with his character. I can see Sabas Feinting with his first blow, then grunting, "do you really want to do this?" as his opponent stands off balance looking at a raised power sword. In my opinion you can call it a day on this guy once you've found some small arms you're happy with. Honestly there's nothing wrong with what you have now, but the RIA may have something that really pops out at you.

Anyway, good luck and happy gaming! Hope to see some models soon :)

Inquisitor Vale

Hello,
Thank you. My Inquisitor is being very kindly sculpted for me and I have an idea for the Crusader, so I hope you will soon. I shall practice on some inexpensive goons and am reading a good deal about it.
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)