Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A simple rules question (Risky Actions)

Started by Inquisitor Vale, December 27, 2015, 09:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Vale

Some actions are more likely to go disastrously wrong than others, certain weapons use highly unstable energy sources which might explode, and so on. Performing such an action or using such an item carries an element of risk, and so is known, obviously enough, as a Risky action. If the player rolls more 1s than he does 6s when a character is attempting to perform a Risky action, then the character has fouled up. It is up to the Gamesmaster to point out if a character is attempting a Risky action.

If the player rolls more 1s than he does 6s when a character is attempting to perform a Risky action, then the character has fouled up.

First Question:
Belt and braces -- the action roll, i.e. a set of numbers which determines how many actions a character may perform, is the same set of numbers as determines whether or not one or more risky actions among those succeeds.

Second Question:
It is entirely possible that you could get no ones and no sixes in any number of D6s rolled. What ought to be done then? More passes than fails?
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Inquisitor Vale on December 27, 2015, 09:58:11 PM
Belt and braces -- the action roll, i.e. a set of numbers which determines how many actions a character may perform, is the same set of numbers as determines whether or not one or more risky actions among those succeeds.
Yup; if you don't get enough actions to get to the Risky action it's not risky!

Quote from: Inquisitor Vale on December 27, 2015, 09:58:11 PM
Second Question:
It is entirely possible that you could get no ones and no sixes in any number of D6s rolled. What ought to be done then? More passes than fails?
you didn't roll more 1s than 6s so it's not a failure on the risky action!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Vale

Right -- painfully obvious when you think about it!  :)
Inquisitor Ollanius Sabbat Vale, Ordo Hereticus (Amalathian)