Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Omnissiah directs our footsteps - Mechanicus WIPS.

Started by seaglen, January 06, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Is the left arm weapon a needler?
Fantastic parts combo - I was wondering when the rest of the thorian would show up.

The only thing to be mindful about with the lasgun is to make sure the parts aren't overly recognizable.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mentirius

That is such a good right arm, and parts combo generally.  I love an AdMech with long, creepy fingers!

seaglen

@mcjomar - Yeah the left arm is basically a nasty claw hand, with a big ol' needle on it, most likely full of sedatives. As for the arc rifle, yes i'll need to hide the fact it's base is a lasgun well - hoping to find a kataphron arc rifle top that might work on it...?

@Mentirus - Yeah as soon as I saw the Talos parts the idea for admech lept into my mind. I've also got a tech priest in the pipeline to lead them, using some necron parts alongside techmarine servo harness....

mcjomar

Ah I meant needler as in the exotic gun that fires a bunch of needles (usually covered in toxins or sedatives, yes). You'll find it in the exotic guns section, and also find them on the new Escher models for the newest edition of Necromunda.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

Ah right I see!
Yes will probably count as a short range needler for the terms of rules :)

Skitarri helmet has had some progress today - now just need to finish the arc rifle and backpack:

mcjomar

Needle pistol perhaps?
There might be something in Marco's Revised Inquisitor Armoury. Otherwise, I guess you could guesstimate and bodge together some rules - my hunch would be a combination of laspistol ruls and needler rules.

The visor slot looks good. Not sure what else might need to be done there, if anything.

seaglen

Ah yes I'll take a look.

Also - any rules for arc weapons out there??

Managed to get the skitarii armed up now with a kataphron breacher part (was easier than making my own!) and have also added an optic to his backpack, as per the 28mm skitarii.

Getting the arms to match holding the weapon was tricky, so his right bionic arm has a bit of a dodgy shoulder, that I hope won't be too noticeable once it's painted. The only thing I was wondering about adding was a cog-crest to his helmet, like the 28mm ones?

I've also managed to get some paint on the biologis - the doctor will see you now...

And the whole explorator team:

Mentirius

Man, I love that Biologis even more now!  A nice bold paintjob that really brings him to life.  I'd also like to vote in favour of adding a cog crest to the Skitarius - he's fine without one really but now you've suggested it, I think he would look better with.

Re: Arc Rifles, IIRC they were added to the lore more recently than the Inquisitor rules were written, so I'd imagine you'll either have to homebrew it or, in a pinch, use the Xenarch death-arc rules since that is at least an electricity-based basic weapon.  Sadly the death-arc only fires on full auto (6), whereas my understanding of Mechanicus Arc weapons is that they are single-shot, so it isn't really a great fit (plus in the original rules, full auto is unreasonably awful at hitting anything).

There might be something more appropriate in the Revised Armoury?

seaglen

Many thanks for the encouragement!

I have now tidied up the biologis a bit more and just need finish the base and maybe add a cog symbol somewhere... maybe a black cog on the white tabard, or a white cog on the red cloth?

I also took your advice about the cog-crest for the skitarii and am LOVING the model now it has one - paint also has started to be added...

Next is to layer up the red cloak. And I may redo the arc glow to a more bright blue (think I've done it too white...)

Mentirius

That Biologis has such a great vibe.  The height of the Thorian paired with the Gruss hood really enhances his capacity to loom menacingly.  I think I'd vote for a white cog on the red cloth, on the basis that the unadorned white cloth looks great as a surgeon's apron, in which case my gut says he wouldn't want to soil the holy symbol...although if you did make it a scroll instead, that would also work in a different way.  I'm not sure any decision would stop me loving this model at this point!

The crest on the Skitarius is working well too, and I like the gold highlights alongside the much darker metal, especially on his arm.  The blue power cell with the dark red coat is another pleasing contrast - hard to say if it should be more blue without seeing both, but I certainly approve of what you've done with him so far.

seaglen

Hmmm yea I see your point about keeping the white part as an apron - will do :)

May still think about a white cog pattern on him somewhere in that case.
Yeah I do like the way he turned out - just finished basing him and now just needs some final details.

As for the skitarii, I've finished a bunch more layering and highlights - he's really popping now, and looks great alongside the rest of them now too!!

I'm really really happy with how the red turned out in the skitarii too - I'm still getting used to it, and hopefully by then end of the mechanicus war and I'll have it nailed down.

Next up on the explorator fleet will be the tech adept himself, Obra Larrius - another reboot of one of my first ever miniatures (basically a gruss/tesla combo, with an old Titan weapon arm)

Watch this space...

cymrilian

mcjomar

That is a great set of models!
I agree with the white cog on red robe approach, as it feels as if the strip down his front is either parchment or some sort of apron-esque thing - if parchment, then perhaps it would be where he makes notes to be compiled later?

The Skitarii looks fantastic, definitely a job well done.

seaglen

Many thanks folks!
I've got a set of the mechanicus transfers lying around so also may see if any would work.

Next up will be my tech priest, after any cog/transfer detailing!

maglash1017

Great to see some more happening around here, especially in these times. Those models are all really cool, I think a white cog on the red robe would look very cool. Some scribbling on the white would also work really well I think.