Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Omnissiah directs our footsteps - Mechanicus WIPS.

Started by seaglen, January 06, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaglen

After a play with transfers I went with a white cog and designation on the skitarii, and a mechanicus symbol on the boologis' paildron and a symbol on his white tabard.
I've also added some techno-wording to the constructs' paildrons:

And last but not least, say hello to the latest reincarnation of m original tech priest, Obra Larrius:

He's rather busy looking, what with the servo harness and Titan claw arm, but think it kind of works, considering he's meant to be the most tekky one of the bunch.
He's also a bit shorter than the rest of his troupe, but hey!

I may alter the pistols muzzle to look like an arc weapon, and paint the drum mag glowing blue (as if it's a drum shaped plasma core)...

mcjomar

Nice - I like servoharnesses.
Reminds me of the mini I based on a resin clone of the thorian model which had a servoharness with two arms and two shoulder cannons on it, plus the wielder's two normal arms (well, one was bionic... and pretty much a megaman hand cannon (as in he had a cannon instead of a hand)).
I sold it on ebay though as I've elected to keep my collection to pure GW 54mm metals to avoid issues whenever we play at WHW.

E:
Also, the symbols and writing all look great on the minis - I think those are all a job well done.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mentirius

That is a great chunky harness with some truly fearsome attachments.  When it's a senior Tech-Priest you're modelling, busy is a good thing as far as I'm concerned...just look at the sprawling, bristling hulk that is the 28mm Belisarius Cawl, or any of the weirder drawings of Mechanicus workshops that float around.

As for the completed paint jobs on the other three, the new symbols provide some excellent polish.  This is already one of my favourite 54mm AdMech warbands to date, and there's nothing wrong with a short leader per se.  I figure having subordinates around who tower over you is a net positive from a coldly calculating perspective - all the better for intimidating his enemies and/or catching bullets on his behalf!

seaglen

@mcjomar - I'd love to see a picture of your thorian based servo guy if you have it or a link to hand :)
Thanks for the kind words on the transfers - I might add a couple more to the construct's pauldrons as there's a fair amount of empty space on them still...

@Menterius - very true about him being more senior and therefore busy.
I really loved the idea of using the necron arms to it - they just seem to work well with admech...

Thank you for the encouraging words about the warband, it's been a joy to put together so far and I really love the quirky admech. There are so many great inspirations to draw from on the conclave for previous tech priests etc.

Very true about his stature, it's of no concern to the omnissiah how many feet and inches tall you are, only
How many terabytes of data you can fit in your cogitators...
I could always add a band of sculpting around his torso to give him a tiny bit more height though...?
Worth it?
Or I just give him an archo flagellant to make up for his height issues...

mcjomar

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2717.0

Here's the parts combo in question.
The "turrets" are actually a pair of "xenos"or archeotech mini frigates that came with the old Rogue Trader ship pack for BattleFleet Gothic.
They make for good twin-linked lasguns!

The bits holding up the shoulder cannons are a pair of K2 PPC arms for the K2 Catapult from Mechwarrior Online - sculpts can be found in a number of places, including warhansa.
The left arm is - IIRC - from an Orion of some sort, same source.
The alteration to his gun is also from an MWO-style battlemech mini, possibly a timberwolf gun piece

This chap also exists:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2763.0

Once again, those shoulder guns are catapult K2 guns.
The left arm (with a spacer carved off something, possibly a Guard mortar) is from a random Battletech mech, produced by Iron Wind Metals - sadly I can't quite recall which one specifically.
The rest of the parts after that are all obvious 54mm =][= bits.

Again, I don't own the mini anymore.
I drastically cut down my collection after a certain point, so I now have about 3 or four 3-person warbands, and a number of space marines (largely for display, unless we ever do another Marine focused game again).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

seaglen

Wow, great use of battleships as cannons!!
Both great minis

I've started putting some colour on the tech priest already - poor quality picture but will upload more tomorrow...

seaglen

And work proper on the tech priest has begun.
I'm a little unsure if the servo-harness claws should remain green, or maybe go black with them, to stop the model looking busy and them distracting from the Titan claw-arm?

mcjomar

The choice of green is a solid decision on this mini.
You've got a good colour palette going here.

Mentirius

I especially like the light blue power cells on the backpack, and that's some lovely shading on the robe.  Green works well too I think.  That plasma weapon arm aimed at kneecap level is terrifying...

seaglen

Many thanks!
Yep I'm really pleased with how the blue has turned out - I've also popped it on the pistol barrel as a plasma cell (I'll also be modifying the barrel to be an arc-pistol once the part arrives).

I've now pretty much finished the model now - face and transfers all added - I'm especially pleased with the one around his sleeve!

Mentirius

Ooh yes, I agree about the sleeve...such a crisp and striking border.  The symbols at intervals above the hem are also very nice.

mcjomar

Agreed on the sleeve and symbols.
Also liking the hazard stripes and blue glowy bits.

seaglen

Many thanks!
On the note of blue glowy bits, he's now got the arc pistol upgrade, made from a spare mechanicus arc rifle:

That's now about it for the explorator team, aside from the possible addition of an arco-flagelant down the line
⚙️ ⚙️ ⚙️

mcjomar

That's a good pistol.
Arco-flagellant would be a maybe I guess? It's a throwaway thing, and usually something I thought was more used by WitchHunters and Sisters, rather than AdMech (although the AdMech does make them for the Hereticus IIRC?).