Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Community Sculpting Project

Started by greenstuff_gav, January 20, 2016, 06:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

I started work on an armature for my Carthage Massacre Veteran (the Warrior) today! It's going to be slow work, but as I have things worth posting I will (I may start a thread in the P&M forum for that purpose).

MarcoSkoll

The Carthage Massacre (assuming we're talking about the M42.010 event that followed Lord Grolin's death) could certainly be an interesting start.

The War of Shadows RP, even if it didn't really wrap up, is possibly my favourite of those I got involved in - the format resulted in very high character interaction, and that resulted in seeing a lot of harmonies and discords between the different personalities. (In some of those RPs, while still enjoyable and well written, the characters seldom interacted).

As far as a veteran, there were a lot of serious fight scenes in the narrative, so there's certainly enough suggestions for how he/she might have earned any scars or injuries!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Alyster Wick

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 08, 2016, 01:30:31 AM
The Carthage Massacre (assuming we're talking about the M42.010 event that followed Lord Grolin's death) could certainly be an interesting start.

Yes, that's the one! I started reading through the Carthax Wiki since I'm not part of the gaming group but I wanted to contribute something that fit the background. When I read the bit about the Carthage Massacre I actually remembered reading the RP a number of years back (I was curious about that part of the forum and opened that one on a lark, it turned out to be quite entertaining!).

I may take a look back at the write up for inspiration on particulars for the character, but as of right now I'm looking at a hybrid IG/Night's Watch uniform for this individual. It may border on powered carapace armor (as the hard edges are a bit easier for me at the moment) with some fur incorporated into it. There will likely be at least one bionic limb.

Thantos

Sounds really cool. Ill go for the Arco Flagellant (especially since i just started on him anyway! :P)
Also if it makes it easier, can offer to do castings for people here at Zealot at some silly discount price (will take a good few weeks as will have to do it in my own time at weekends etc) ?
Will get flawless casts (and no one will be damaging their lungs!)

MarcoSkoll

I've come to a realisation that while I agreed to get involved, I completely forgot to put my name to any specific archetype!

I've got an early concept floating around my head for an almost entirely prosthetic character that would probably fit the the Scholar archetype (and if I should later decide I don't like the idea, I have another one that would work instead), so if no-one minds?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Lord Borak

How is everyone getting on with their respective projects anyway? I'm almost done my current project - The Imperial noble.

greenstuff_gav

i'm at the planning stage; hopefully have some sketched ideas to post soon but new shift pattern is kicking me sideways :(
anyone know of any jobs going? :lol:
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Lord Borak on April 19, 2016, 06:03:26 PM
How is everyone getting on with their respective projects anyway? I'm almost done my current project - The Imperial noble.

Stalled out a bit for lack of feedback (cough cough) but I have moved forward with a few bits that haven't been posted yet. Notably, his kopus is cut and sanded (just needs some GS work) and the plasticard for his lasrifle is coming together. The arms have been a slog and the legs are only pseudo done. Heads aren't too shabby though (1 done, 2nd is 75%, 3rd shouldn't be posted because the rebreather slit currently looks too, err, anatomical. It was an accident, I swear).

Cortez

I'm struggling for time at the moment. It's about 50% done.

cymrilian

Hi all, is it not too late to be part of this? It is a great idea but i have been hesitant until i was sure i could commit the time (which i am confident now). Not sure what archetypes are left but i like the renegade if still available (getting into cultists right now).

greenstuff_gav

i've not started so of course :)
the original plan was last week start but i'll get something proper written this weekend!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

cymrilian

Great!  Put me down for the renegade then

TallulahBelle

I dont think I have the skill to do any full figure but I have a couple of weapons in my head that I want to get on paper I want to do some sort of heavy weapon carriage (think old school guard weapon teams) if I did do one would that be something people would like to see?

Its most likely going to use the Victrix 54MM Napoleonic's carriage as a base and try to build something Lascannony something that could be some sort of mordian heavy stubbed and some sort of assault cannon like thing for the bolter I dont expect it to be anything great but..  Id like to contribute something.

Its more likely than not going to be more a kitbash with some sculpted bits than a full everything greenstuffed but..  Unwell I dunno what people would think to me offering it up?