Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Many and Varied Faces of Xanthism

Started by Van Helser, September 06, 2015, 03:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Thanks. There were a couple of areas on the arms I thought could do with a bit more colour... It's tough to work out where the light would fall. They may get a touch up.

The monochrome look was a deliberate choice to imply menace, and made the flames stand out more as the shadows were already in place. There are a couple of Inquisitorial insignia about his armour - the chest, left knee and another dangling from one of the cords on his left leg. The mandiblasters will probably be represented by MIU-linked laspistols, but I may come up with a bit of archeotech instead.

Ruaridh

Alyster Wick

I gotta say that I'm a fan of the paint job on the sword. You could darken some of the shadows on the arms and maybe add a bit more "lighted" areas but frankly I think it looks great as-is. I will be working on a character holding a flaming sword over the next few weeks (if the modeling goes well) and will probably use this as a reference when painting the shadow/lighting effects.

RobSkib

Jinkies that's awesome - when I saw the raw model I was thinking some ornate gold 'n' silver affair - but jet black with a nice big flamey sword and awesome mask has a familiarly evil feel to it and it really really works.

Is the servoskull going to remain on a clear base or will it get a similar treatment to it's master? I've always found having an identical/matching base really ties a skull together with it's owner.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Van Helser

Some more contrast on the arms probably wouldn't go amiss in hindsight. It was fear of overdoing the lighting that stopped me with what's visible there.

The servoskull is probably going to stay on the clear base, simply because I think it's probably going to go on loan to a great many models!

I have now finished the aged Chaotician known until recently as Selina Bavarinka. I don't like the name now, and it will change. I am thinking of riffing on Melpomene - the Greek muse of tragedy, what with the mask and all. The colour scheme of the armour was inspired by the Sons Of Horus, and was a good place to try a lot more wet blending. It's come out fairly well if I do say so myself.

And of course after taking pictures I realise that I didn't finish the skull on the breastplate!

Ruaridh

seaglen

Looking good!

reall like the blending on the sword!

Lord Borak

Great stuff. The armour is great and I love the chips especially. The red and green are a great contrast as well.

Alyster Wick

Really great piece. The teal and red go great together and the skull mask is expertly painted. Great blending all around and great use of the chipping effect (between you and Borak I think I have a better sense how to achieve it now).

Makes me want to start using all the assassin components I have sitting around...