Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

fusion/homebrew stuff?

Started by monkhmer, October 03, 2009, 04:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkhmer

Hello! My first post and a few questions... homebrew stuff?

I came across Inquisitor a few years ago and was really intrigued by it.  I've been into the 40k universe since the Rogue Trader era and my friends and I always used Rogue Trader as an RPG with tabletop functionality.  So, I thought Inquisitor was right up that alley.  Then I tried it and saw how mechanics heavy combat was and it lost its spark.  So, I went out and bought a bunch of Dark Heresy which is great for fluff but I feel a little too heavy on the RPG elements.

Is there a homebrew fusion of the two games out there?  Inquisitor seems much more gritty than Dark Heresy, the artwork especially.  But Dark Heresy has rules for money and of course the Perils of the Warp!  Both games have great aspects but I want something in the middle.  And, I'm a bit lazy so I'd prefer not to do the work myself.

:^)

I've heard musings of an Inquisitor 2.0, how close is this to becoming a reality?

If anyone on here wants to collaborate on some homebrew rules let me know.

RobSkib

Borrow the monetary system from Dark Heresy for Inquisitor and you're away. Inquisitor allows for complete overhauls like this, all you have to do is put in the effort.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

DapperAnarchist

And, unless things have changed while I wasn't looking, INQ 2.0 is in beta testing, effectively.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

precinctomega

I've slated INQ2 for a 2011 release.  Although the Core Rules are in beta testing, the process of getting the rules from bare text to a properly-formatted, illustrated document, with fiction and illustrations and a completely new hobby section will take most of next year.

If you want a copy, pre-register for our playtesting event in York on 7 Nov (see community board for details).

R.

Ynek

So, what sort of things were you planning to put into this hobby section, just out of curiosity?

Were you thinking something along the lines of the current rulebook? With a few model showcases, some pretty terrain pieces and a few blurbs about basic converting/painting of models? Or were you thinking of something a bit more involved?
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

precinctomega

1.  How to assemble an INQ miniature - pinning, gap-filling and a simple weapon-swap tutorial, as well as detailed instructions on how to mark you bases (which will be quite important in INQ2).

2.  How to build easy 54mm terrain out of foamboard and CoD bits.

3.  Showcase of warbands.

4.  Showcase of individual models, particularly focussing on players' versions of the sample characters from the Characters section.

I'm open to other suggestions.

Simeon Blackstar

I'd definitely add a little bit on what kind of thing you can take from GW's other ranges too, such as the old ork arms trick, the many great conversions from bolters, etc. and perhaps a little bit on how to make weapons that haven't had models made for them at 54mm, such as auto and plasma weaponry, flamers, webbers, needlers etc.

precinctomega

Good idea.  Will do.  Now... back to the OP!

R.