Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Introductions

Started by Thantos, February 11, 2016, 09:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Hello all! Im a long time fan of =][= since the glory days and have recently decided to start collecting the =][= range again. It's slow progress as i get hardly any free time for hobbies at the moment. But i have been lurking on the forum for a while and thought it was about time i joined and contributed what i can ;D

Im an avid painter and love the 54mm range as you can paint so much more detail. My day job is making miniatures (you'd have thought id have had enough miniatures by now?! wrong!)

I hope to share my projects as I get around to them! :)

Thantos

Lord Borak

Welcome to the forum Thantos! What miniatures company do you work for?

Are you going to giving us some eye candy of the stuff you have already completed?

Thantos

Thanks Borak :D Im at Zealot Miniatures in the UK. Digital sculptor, 3d printer technician and general all rounder :P

Most of my painted stuff i sold off a few years ago, but i have some pictures of a couple of pieces.

MarcoSkoll

I see you've already been given the Big Yellow WelcomeTM elsewhere, but hello regardless!

If you feel like getting in some gaming alongside the modelling, there are of course occasional forum events. The ones in Nottingham might be a bit of a trek from the Dorset area (although we have get attendees from around Bath and Southampton), but we do now hold some of our events at Dark Sphere in London as well.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Thantos

Thanks Marco :D Sounds good, when the workload frees up in the second half of this year, ill certainly be keeping an eye on these events!

Lord Borak

Liking the Marine. That's a very rich red! (I personally hate painting Red), Also, the Archo-flagellant is cool. I take it it's a take on Gryx rom Lichensteins warband?

Thantos

Yea spot on, i liked how well the claw blends with that model :D

For red, have you tried painting it brown first? Then laying up the red? Works quite well for a deeper red. ;D

Alyster Wick

Great looking minis there. I have a Thraka arm on its way to me now (thanks Gav!) and am still considering what to do with it :)

Also, I'll echo your sentiments Thantos re: brown basecoat for reds. It's definitely the way to go. Also, if you play around with ratios and at some Vermin Brown to the mix at later stages you can get a GREAT red leather looks (at least I'm a big fan of it).