Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A question for the casters

Started by mcjomar, February 22, 2016, 01:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

That vindicare is a bad recast, case of the mould being cold when pouring there - model has a terribly pockmarked surface.  :-\

mcjomar

That's a pity - I've been looking for a 54mm vindicare for years.
I'd also like another calidus some time, as the hair, legs, and torso are fantastic for female guard, operatives, or other female characters.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Someone actuallly paid $100 for the Familiar? Jesus, that's desperation. I'm keeping my eye on the Tau/Familiar one. Only need the Familiar out of the whole set to be honest so if anyone wants the Tau/Servo Skulls/Malicant/Mutant.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Thantos on October 02, 2016, 11:58:11 AM
That vindicare is a bad recast, case of the mould being cold when pouring there - model has a terribly pockmarked surface.  :-\
The Vindicare was notoriously bad for miscasts in the first place, which is part of why it became OOP quite fast. It's not impossible it might actually be the real thing.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Thantos

Quote from: Lord Borak on October 03, 2016, 07:56:33 PM
Someone actuallly paid $100 for the Familiar? Jesus, that's desperation. I'm keeping my eye on the Tau/Familiar one. Only need the Familiar out of the whole set to be honest so if anyone wants the Tau/Servo Skulls/Malicant/Mutant.

Im after the Tau actually. Want to try and split it?
Also have a resin familliar for £2.50 if you are not fussy  ;D

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on October 04, 2016, 12:00:01 AM
The Vindicare was notoriously bad for miscasts in the first place, which is part of why it became OOP quite fast. It's not impossible it might actually be the real thing.

Yea i heard that too, but it was for the gun miscasting IIRC. Any decent metal caster should be able to cast without that kind of pockmarking. I doubt that would have made quality control onto sale. But i guess as you say, not impossible :P

Lord Borak

Quote from: Thantos on October 04, 2016, 08:24:03 AM
Im after the Tau actually. Want to try and split it?
Also have a resin familliar for £2.50 if you are not fussy  ;D

That sounds like a plan. I'll PM you.

greenstuff_gav

My 3 vindicare were pokmarkered and had horrbile flashimg but the guns were fine!

I found my mould of the familiar tje other day :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

Looks like robskib is selling a few things.
I stumbled over this from what I think is his ebay seller account:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/192076687156?dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F192076687156

A trio of halo troopers converted for inquisitor.
I've discovered a set of my own of these recently, so stumbling over this was a bit late on my part, although I'm planning to repaint/rebuild mine a little differently.

mcjomar

Lord Borak

Watching the thorian. There is another one on ebay but it's going for some crazy money. Over £150 last time I looked :S The last one I saw on ebay went for £50 lol.

mcjomar