Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A returning player

Started by mcjomar, February 19, 2016, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Hey folks.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me, not least because I've been away for a while (mostly worrying about final year of university, and the last couple of years of my job) but I'm sort of back now - albeit down in the Surrey area, rather than the north Notts area.
I've stumbled over a local gaming club - maybe some members are already into Inquisitor - but as I've got my 54mm collection mostly with me (some bits are still elsewhere) I figured I'd check in. I've also got some Inq28 stuff (one piece of which has a mostly finished 54mm duplicate, thanks to a combination of parts) to work on too.

Most of my painted 54mm minis have been vetted by the luminaries of this board before (although I might run them through the gauntlet again - maybe) but that still leaves a goodly chunk of pewter yet to be written up, checked, vetted, painted, etc, not to mention the stuff left behind (two pieces of which need rebuilding after a nasty encounter with gravity), so I may be asking for help in this regard.

Safe to say I don't need any yellow welcomes though, as I've been here before  ;)
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

]Welcome back to the Conclave!

(everyone needs a welcome :) )

If you're interested we're running the IGT (http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2582.0) at Warhammer World on the 9th April.

mcjomar

Cheers.

Yeah I looked at that.
I might be able to wrangle it - possibly. I'll check my calendar when I get chance.
It might give me the excuse (boot in the rear) to actually paint up the Interrogator version of my prime character Jack Jomar, and the Inquisitor he follows (followed), the latter of which had a model created first completely at random out of spare bits before I even thought of how the mini would fit in. Both are 54mm, but the former will be much cleaner as a mini than the latter, which I explain (excuse!) away as being because the Inquisitor has seen a couple centuries of duty, and is thus much more experienced (and weighed down both literally and figuratively).

I've got two other minis which need finishing for my previous warband which I used a few years back at one of PO's tournaments up in York (the one with the 54mm scale fantastically built Valkyrie, which one of my characters managed to actually fly (and subsequently was forced to crash it into a fuel tower as an assassin had hopped in behind him, so he needed to eject quickly *and* get rid of her all at the same time). One of the two minis is a sniper (I used an altered autocannon from 28mm to represent this), and the other is just a basic guardsman I think (or mercenary with stolen autogun, I forget).

After that I've got at least one other warband to put together (for the Inquisitor version of my Jack Jomar character, rather than the above Interrogator version), and then a squad of arbites who could easily be goons/mooks.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

I thought I recognised the username from somewhere. The York event was a while ago (back in November 2009, IIRC, although I wasn't there) though!

Well, welcome back to the game and the forum. If you're currently based in Surrey, then the good news is that we've started holding some events in London (and I think most universities in Surrey have trains direct into Waterloo, a short walk from the venue we use). There aren't any with a date on the calendar at the moment, but there hopefully will be...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I'm out towards the Croydon area so for me it's a good hour and a half trek into London itself. Though given warning it'll be easier than Nottingham now. My favourite bit of that old event was the valk for sure.