Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Returning from hiatus

Started by Saearath, February 24, 2016, 08:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saearath

Hello conclavers! So I have been gone from the realms of Inquisitor for so long I had almost forgotten it. After moving house yet again I came across all the parts I have to build a war band. Full of renewed vigour I pressed an old mate of mine into service as my rival and so our journey begins anew.

Unfortunately for most here I can't invite you round for tea and bolter shells as I live in Aus. But I am still hoping to pick your collective brainpower to guide us through the pitfalls. In response I will offer my services for out of the box thinking and regale you with many a bad dad joke (it's ok I'm a qualified bad dad).

See you all on the threads!

Saearath

mcjomar

Welcome (Back?) to the Conclave!

Pity we probably won't see you at UK IGTs then, but I'm hoping we'll see (many?) battle reports of your collective adventures, and plenty of images of your modelling and artwork. The more pictures and stories the better!  ;D
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

Welcome to the 'clave mate. Heh, I've just been bought a 'bad dad jokes' book. Maybe we can swap jokes?

So what's the plan? What conversions are you planning? Pics or it doesn't count though...

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Saearath on February 24, 2016, 08:46:58 AMBut I am still hoping to pick your collective brainpower to guide us through the pitfalls.
Hi, Still-hoping-to-pick-your-collective-brainpower-to-guide-us-through-the-pitfalls, I'm Marco. :P

A bizarre name or not (can I shorten it to SHTPYCBTGUTTP?), welcome!

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Raghnall

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 24, 2016, 04:07:30 PM
Hi, Still-hoping-to-pick-your-collective-brainpower-to-guide-us-through-the-pitfalls, I'm Marco. :P
Oh come on Marco. It's clear he meant he's still called hoping-to-pick-your-collective-brainpower-to-guide-us-through-the-pitfalls, as opposed to having changed his name to, for example, annoyingly-literal-wolfman-who-knows-everything. We already have one of those.  ;D

Quote from: Saearath on February 24, 2016, 08:46:58 AM
Unfortunately for most here I can't invite you round for tea and bolter shells as I live in Aus.
It's ok, I much prefer coffee and lasbolts anyway.

Quote from: Saearath on February 24, 2016, 08:46:58 AM
In response I will offer my services for out of the box thinking and regale you with many a bad dad joke (it's ok I'm a qualified bad dad).
You'll fit right in then. Enjoy your stay.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Raghnall on February 24, 2016, 08:17:41 PMOh come on Marco. It's clear he meant he's still called hoping-to-pick-your-collective-brainpower-to-guide-us-through-the-pitfalls
Yes, well. I do lack one of the core qualifications in telling dad jokes.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

I'm not sure that was good enough to qualify for a dad joke...

Lord Borak

Quote from: Cortez on February 24, 2016, 10:36:17 PM
I'm not sure that was bad enough to qualify for a dad joke...

Fixed it :)

Saearath

For me the plan is to finally build up a war band of the Ordo Sepulturum with an extreme radical bent. With the focus on Nurgle and his lucky number being seven I'll have a large pool of members with which to pick and choose. Each member should reinforce the theme of the band but be individual enough by representing each of the deadly sins. Among the members of the team some conversions I have begun/planned include:
Tyrus and old metal 40k daemon prince to act as inquisitor
Devlan/bloodhound wielding a scyth as a farmer turned savage
The devout sisters tied together to a post and writhing under the influence of possession as a single daemonhost
Barbaretta reposed to take on a stalking hunter look
Most importantly is familiar/mind link the two headed rat to a mutant because imo that rat is epic and gets overlooked way too often.
Also have Gruss and Eisenhorn to round out the ensemble but intentions for them are unclear. SHTPYCBTGUTTP may just have to become the daemonic name of the entity plaguing my heroes

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Saearath on February 25, 2016, 06:08:26 AM
Tyrus and old metal 40k daemon prince to act as inquisitor
they're fairly interchangable, miniature-wise

Quote from: Saearath on February 25, 2016, 06:08:26 AM
SHTPYCBTGUTTP may just have to become the daemonic name of the entity plaguing my heroes
"Where were you when the vowels were handed out? behind the door?"
one of my favourite quotes!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Saearath

Those are very nice and along the lines of what I'm aiming for, though less red more green