Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Paperhammer templates (offshoot from Legacy thread)

Started by MarcoSkoll, February 29, 2016, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: mcjomar on February 29, 2016, 08:28:05 AMWould it be worth adding them as you find/use them to the archive if the BWC is all but dead?
A lot of the files are already easily found on other sites. Here's a fairly large collection: http://www.papercraftsquare.com/topics/warhammer-40k-free-paper-models-collection-topic
(Some of the links there are dead, but there are several mirrors for most of the files, several versions of some of the vehicles, and the ones where you can't find anything can often be dug up via Google).

That site alone will do blueprints for a Land speeder*, Rhino, Valkyrie, Chimera, Leman Russ, Baneblade, CRASSUS ARMOURED ASSAULT TRANSPORT, Taurox (if you actually like it - although it does look better with wheels), Centaur, a few others and most of the variants of the above.

So far it's just been the file for the Arvus that took me hours to finally dig out of the depths of the Internet (which is why I've, if you've not read the other thread, mirrored it on the Skoll archive here), and there's some newer/more obscure designs that I can't find any hint there's plans for, like the Tauros (with an S, not the X, this time. The Elysian buggy, not the butt-ugly armoured car).

*Personally, I suspect an Arbites Land speeder would probably be closest to a Landspeeder Storm (which I don't think I've seen plans for, , but probably larger, more enclosed (armoured cock-pit, gull-wing doors and the like) and also serving as something of a mobile armoury (with a large rack for storing riot shields, a grenade launcher and other heavy gear you wouldn't be using on every patrol). There'd probably also be some fixture points for manacling prisoners to as well.
I imagine it as the kind of thing that's more for getting Arbites and their gear to a location (and maybe having to weather a few molotov cocktails when it gets there) rather than serving as a hit-and-run scouting vehicle like an Astartes land speeder.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles