Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Xanthite Sourcebook

Started by Van Helser, March 31, 2016, 11:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Ladies and Gents, I'd like to present version 1.0 of the Xanthite Sourcebook.

This has been a project that has been ongoing for at least 4 years following the release of the Amalathian Sourcebook, and had its inception some time before that during discussions with Conclave user Dosdamt (Slaanesh_Ben in earlier incarnations of the forum).  It's been held up quite a bit due to a determination of mine to have new miniatures built for illustrating it, and because of that passion-killing feeling big projects have from time to time.

The book gives a history of Zaranchek Xanthus, and the founding of the faction. Details of the faction's related philosophies are given, so too its place within the Ordos and its interaction with the other major factions. Some of the forces of Chaos that Xanthites of the Carthax Sector may come up against are presented within the book. 4 characters with links to the philosophy of Xanthus are biographied next. Lastly, a large section on Xanthites on the table top includes rules for daemonhost and daemon weapon creation.

I am presenting this as version 1.0 as there are no doubt a bunch of mistakes in there that will need edited. Once I am happy they have been corrected I'll be releasing an updated version to the internet at large.

I would love some feedback, and correction of all my errors!

Thanks

Ruaridh

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?rbe1g6zc9m20ze8

Cortez

Good stuff. I haven't had chance to read it thoroughly yet, but I like what I've skimmed so far, especially the new daemon weapon abilities.

Raghnall

Looks very nice. I haven't had much chance to go through the background, although will provide feedback when I do, but the rules seem very reasonable, and I now have the urge to create a Daemon-weapon-wielding, Daemonhost-using radical, when I had no such interest previously. Congratulations.

Alyster Wick

I for one am really, really excited to read this. I took a look at an early draft you posted and have been eagerly following your blog as you've leaked out updates. It'll likely take me a while to get through with with my upcoming schedule, but I'm going to do it! Job well done my friend, we all appreciate your effort and dedication!

MarcoSkoll

I'm not sure I'll have much time to properly read this until after the IGT (or maybe on the train), as I'm a bit pre-occupied with other things, but I will try and get back to you on it.

(On an aside, it's rather nice to see the forum alive again - people posting models, writing articles, discussing new characters. The forum stats say last month was the most active the site has been in three and a half years).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles